The Mastering team is responsible for the video and audio mastering of titles produced by Disney Channels, ABC Signature, 20th Television, FX Productions and other production entities. The Mastering Distribution Operations Manager is responsible for receiving Disney General Entertainment content from post production teams and overseeing the final delivery, master QC, and the creation of 4K/UHD/HDR/SDR HD archival video, audio, and client delivery assets used for localization and multi-platform media distribution. The Mastering Distribution Operations Manager is a critical liaison between post-production, third-party vendors, and internal departments including Legal, Localization, Global Operations, Content Platforms, Network Operations and global distribution partners.
• The role will oversee the mastering of episodic, shorts, specials, and non-theatrical feature acquisitions to ensure all elements meet delivery timelines and technical requirements.
• Coordinate, track and communicate delivery of materials between post production vendors and internal stakeholders.
• Responsible for ordering Audio, Video, M&E, CC/Subtitles, Scripts, and other assets from vendor partners with fast paced turn arounds.
• Responsible for close collaboration with Localization and Servicing team(s) to oversee creation of preliminary and final material (reference files, scripts, M&E) for accelerated foreign language dubbing and subtitling in support of global day & date release strategies.
• Oversee communication with Post Production Supervisors/Associate Producers about delivery dates and QC rejections for assigned titles.
• Ensure proactive escalation of any issues prior to critical deadlines being missed and propose alternate solutions to keep titles on track.
• Maintain timely data entry for assigned titles across a broad swath of databases and shared tracking systems to ensure transparency in meeting mastering delivery timelines.
• Review video and audio Quality Control (QC) reports to ensure file assets adhere to specs and guidelines.
• Accountable for driving execution and delivery of multiple high-profile titles with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity. May lead team-wide projects. Continuously looks for process improvement opportunities.
• Oversee applicable workflows, ensuring all deliveries have been completed and material has been received in Disney's archival inventory. Communicate deadlines and delivery expectations across functional teams for downstream workflow needs. Escalate delivery delays to appropriate teams, inclusive of contingency plan(s). Partner with other stakeholders to ensure accurate readiness of assets (rights, plans, components, artwork, metadata, etc. depending on specific vertical). Documenting, troubleshooting, and escalating issues - ultimately driving to resolution through collaboration of internal or external partners.
• Presents roadblocks and works with management to resolve critical resource conflicts. Interacts with internal and external peers and managers to exchange complex information related to areas of specialization.
• Vendor & Asset Management - Key day-to-day tasks include extensive vendor & asset management, communication with internal business ops team, dealing with rejections, establishing a process SLA (Service Level Agreement), and managing vendor & supplier performance metrics.
• Managing Titles - Responsibilities include managing post charts, on time asset delivery, and weekly milestones are met.
• Managing vendor & supplier performance metrics- Reviewing QC reports and troubleshooting issues identified. Tracking delivery of assets to Digital Asset Management systems. Upholding Disney specifications and SLA with vendors. Reviewing and approving invoicing.
• A minimum of 4 years of experience working in post-production, mastering, or media distribution; preferably previous employment at a post-production vendor, entertainment studio, or streaming video service.
• Technical knowledge and understanding of video and audio file formats including Dolby Vision, UHD, HDR, SDR and digital media assets (ProRes, IMF, MXF, DPX, TIF, etc)
• Strong project management skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously against short deadlines and minimal lead time. Must be an expert organizer with superb time management skills.
• Experience reading and understanding video and audio QC reports and is capable of conveying issues to post production and technical teams to resolve a variety of issues at once; takes a new perspective on existing solutions. Works independently while receiving minimal guidance. Exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information.
• Must be a master of workflow diplomacy; consistently auditing and analyzing localization and global launch plans and timelines against constantly evolving post production delivery schedules.
• Ability to make decisions with limited input from manager.
• Experience with Scenechronize, Pix, Airtable, Box, Google Suite, Microsoft Word/Excel/Powerpoint
• Knowledge of localization/dubbing workflows
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of content formats and file codecs
• Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required with 4+ years of previous job-related experience at post production vendor, entertainment studio, or streaming service.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjx750-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.