Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop and deliver games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
The Software Engineer role collaborates with EA's Quality Verification and Development teams to create automated solutions, scripts, and strategies, targeted toward improving game infrastructure and increasing efficiencies in the QV process. You will help maximize the experience of our players by focusing on upstream quality and targeting defect prevention and containment by assisting with the creation and analysis of testing strategies, improving automation efforts, white box testing, identifying new testing technologies and developing new tools for testing and tracking purposes. You will report to the Development Director.
• Engineer new tools and automation strategies.
• Build, test, and deploy automated solutions to support game project deliverables.
• Support an increased adoption of automation within game teams. Aid in the identification and requirements gathering for new automation.
• Identify and recommend debug and telemetry enhancements to aid testing.
• Provide debug support and technical expertise to QV teams and game software engineers.
• Contribute to the test and technology strategies of the QA group.
• Escalate risks and recommend upstream tools, automation and processes.
• Provide performance results analysis on current processes and infrastructures.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Software engineering or equivalent.
• 1+ years of experience with C# or Java. C++ experience is also an asset.
• Experience with software development life cycle, practices and software engineering methodologies and their application to both development and QA.
• Experience with software quality assurance concepts, debugging procedures.
• Scripting experience with Python, Perl, PHP, or Lua an asset.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjw4k1-44-200-30-73-42 in your application.