WHERE ART PLAYS WITH SCIENCE.
We are Technicolor Games – a global network of artists & creative technologists with decades of experience across the games industry. We push the boundaries of the imagination to make big ideas a reality, by applying the best VFX, animation and interactive technologies.
We collaborate with leading games developers to build the most innovative gaming experiences imaginable. Our studios are the second home of the projects we work on. We push the potential of gaming technology harder than anyone else dare dream.
Our Keyframers breathe life into award-winning projects and our Art Directors empower studios from concept to execution. Our Mo-Cap team delivers highly complex in-game animations and cinematic content second to none.
We stay ahead of the curve, we innovate, we invest in and nurture our talent to create the best games in the world.
We're looking for a Technical Director (m/f/d) based out of India/South Korea or Europe, who will build, manage and grow the technical team supporting our day-to-day operations, reporting to the Head of Art Production. You will work closely with the Games creative leadership (eg Asset Supervisors, 2D Supervisors and etc), and HODs to identify workflows and tools to improve the quality of the games we produce. Here you will also engage with our existing and potential partners on technical discussions.
A key creative-oriented leader in charge of the runtime architecture of AAA game features, development strategy of projects and performance monitoring of the games while identifying and applying best practices to continuously improve and streamline the art production process.
• Manage, train and build the Games Technical team in accordance with the Technicolor Games' global needs.
• Report project risks in a timely manner, propose mitigations and escalate risks when needed
• Manage communication with partners related to onboarding, project progress, security and technical matters.
• Undertake technical due diligence for new business opportunities
• Propose and oversee the development of new tools, workflows or techniques as required for successful and efficient delivery of games.
• Write documentation and training material to educate artists and establish best practices.
• Implement solutions for inefficiencies in the production pipeline.
• Assign projects to the technical team and monitor performance, workflow and techniques used in the team.
• Work closely with the art production team to share technical knowledge and best practices and help drive a culture of leadership, proactivity, ownership, and accountability
• Research cutting-edge technologies for application within the games industry
• Experience working as a professional technical artist used to development of tool kit
• Leadership experience managing large and fast-growing teams in the games service industry
• Recent experience in console development with at least one shipped title
• Expert knowledge in one or more major functional areas of game development, such as rendering, engine systems, tools and pipelines, and backend
• Good knowledge of programming languages and software engineering practices
• Exceptional management and communication skills
• Able to manage a time-sensitive workload in an urgent and extremely organized manner
• Strong attention to detail
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1zwje-3-229-124-74-42 in your application.