Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition
Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot's second international game development studio. Working together with our Hong Kong Studio, Riot has been expanding our footprint in Asia and accelerating our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players. Our mission is to ''scale Riot's games to hyper-serve players.''
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra. We're also building teams for VALORANT and Project L, our take on a fighting game. The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player.
We're focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That's where you come in.
Riot's People team exists to help Rioters make better decisions around its talent. We bring our expertise to all of those typical HR activities such as hiring, on-boarding, training and development, diversity and inclusion, performance management, benefits, perks, compensation, big events, labor relations, off-boarding so that all Rioters can flourish.
As HR Business Partners, we are not a compliance function and we don't make decisions from an ivory tower. Instead, we focus on our needs, carefully listening to the problem spaces and working with Rioters to get to an optimal outcome. We view ourselves as trusted consultants and advisers with a specific expertise in all things ''HR''. Working in HR at Riot enables you to redefine what positive human resource practices are. We re-imagine events, onboarding, perks, and communications so they resonate with our workforce.
As a Senior HR Business Partner, you bring broad skills to the teams and programs you're embedded on. You are the go-to resource for all things related to talent, ranging from performance management to total rewards. You are a culture promoter and a deployer of tools and programs that turn Rioter potential into performance and results. You're undaunted by titles and can partner with anyone at any level to help with decisions and you know how to achieve results that make an impact. You listen to others and are sensitive to any communication style, and that makes it easy for anyone to talk to you; others trust you and feel comfortable coming to you with all the info, so any rising problems can be tackled proactively.
• As HR Business Partner, you will serve as strategic partner to HKSG Studio's Creative Leadership teams; maintain an intimate understanding of product and discipline needs to build productive working relationships with your partners and Rioters at all levels among Artists, Producers, Games Designers
• Work alongside leadership teams on organizational design, Performance Management, promotions, succession planning, talent assessment, and change management
• Work with Hiring Managers and Talent Acquisition to identify and prioritize high impact roles and skill gaps; support candidate selection through recruitment, onboarding, international transfers and relocation, visa assistance, etc. and drive work streams to expedite the process and ensure HR compliance
• Be a go to partner for all things Compensation, Benefits, & Employee Relations, ensure seamless and fair comp review cycles with leadership teams and partner with HR Operations to provide guidance to managers and Rioters
• Be the strategic partner to our HQ People Team in LA to drive alignment on the People initiatives for our studio and to execute on both global and regional People Programs.
• Assess and understand changing business needs, market trends, and collaborate with our HKSG People and leadership teams to adjust our Studio's People strategy accordingly.
• Use data from company engagement surveys to analyze team trends and make informed recommendations; provide periodic audits of information systems records and work with disciplines and products to ensure data accuracy
• Be a cultural champion for Riot and our studio; work with the HKSG People team to ideate and drive new strategic people initiatives for our Studio, and help us identify opportunities to create truly amazing & engaging experiences for all of our Rioters
• 10+ years of experience in an HR generalist/business partner or specialist role with progression
• You have 5+ years of experience supporting employees & leadership teams in a fast pace, scaling organisations. You have experience supporting teams in the Creative space (gaming, entertainment…) or in consumer digital Technology companies
• Excellent interpersonal, relationship building, consulting, collaboration and leadership experience
• You have an in depth understanding of the Singaporean employment ecosystem, and you have proven experience advising teams on compliance matters in Singapore
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management, Business, Organizational Design or relevant field; or equivalent work experience
• Experience working with or supporting diverse communities and navigating cultural nuances
• Fluency in Mandarin is a plus
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work.
• Full relocation support
• Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
• Open paid time off
• Retirement benefits with company matching
• Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
• Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
• We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Don't forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we will notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us that you take play seriously.
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.