Sr. Manager, LATAM Employment Investigations
The Director, Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) provides leadership and direction in the planning, development and implementation of environmental health and safety management and production safety protocols. This role is responsible for establishing a culture and team dynamic that allows our creative teams to accomplish their vision while maintaining a safe and efficient working environment for our employees and contractors.
• Oversees, manages, coordinates and maintains EHS programs, systems and controls to ensure compliance with, and monitor and report on EHS issues required by various federal, state and local regulatory agencies; lead the team's compliance efforts at our NBCU Telemundo Enterprises headquarters with additional support for the LATAM region.
• Ensures internal control oversight and compliance with laws and regulations, safeguarding of assets, compliance with Company policies and procedures, reliability of internal and external reporting, and efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
• Creates an effective control environment, conducts risk assessments, implements and monitors controls.
• Guides and promotes safe work practices by developing EHS policies, programs, procedures, campaigns and communications.
• Evaluates the effectiveness of current programs, policies and procedures on an annual basis and drives continuous improvement.
• Conducts risk assessments to detect potential hazards and ensure measures are implemented to control risks.
• Provides guidance, analysis, and interpretation of regulatory standards, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes to advise management on needed actions.
• Provides expertise and knowledge regarding environmental health and safety procedures and technical specifications to develop and implement new procedures and practices when needed.
• Identifies, evaluates, recommends and implements EHS policies, work procedures and EHS best practices.
• Provides operational compliance oversight in all matters related to workplace safety, accident and injury prevention, occupational health, environmental compliance, environmental sustainability, and facilities safety.
• Participates and/or leads committees and work groups tasked with matters related to operational compliance for environmental, health and safety.
• Ensures all related permits and licenses are up to date; ensures regulatory compliance; advises and makes appropriate notifications regarding hazards and recommended corrective actions.
• Foster long-term, cooperative working relationships with key production stakeholders
• Partner closely and effectively with production, legal, studio operations, scenery, and other NBCU EHS teams to develop and reinforce safety standards for production in all locations.
• Ensure production concepts, scripts, pitch sheets, etc., are evaluated for health and safety concerns; determine which projects have a higher risk potential and takes appropriate actions to increase safety factors; discuss potential concerns with appropriate department heads in order to reduce foreseeable potentially hazardous activities. Concerns include: unusual locations, stunts, stunt rigging, special effects, proximity of action to actors, employees, or the public.
• Proactively work with the Production in the planning and execution phase of all filming: assessing safety needs, securing appropriate vendors, and traveling to remote locations as required; attend technical location scouts.
• Ensure the development and implementation of policies and SOPs supporting the Safety Manual.
• Ensure required employee health & safety training is conducted
• Recommend and monitor necessary corrective actions and assist productions as needed
• Notify applicable governmental regulatory agencies and authorities as appropriate
• Represent the Environmental Health & Safety and Production Safety team during regulatory inspections and/or audits as appropriate
• Other duties and projects as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in Health & Safety, Environmental Studies, Physical Sciences, or related and minimum of 7+ years production safety experience working for a studio or other production entity
• Knowledge of Federal, state and local health & safety and environmental regulations (OSHA, EPA, DOT, etc.)
• Proven experience within the area of Production Safety and/or knowledge/expertise in the areas of pyrotechnics, stunt planning, structural engineering, hazardous materials identification and abatement, and/or large-scale construction projects
• Understanding of motion picture and television production process including organizational structure, terminology, equipment, construction methods, stunt and special effects techniques, etc.
• Knowledge of critical aspects of film making including camera positioning, framing, visual effects, POV, FX equipment and routine stunt parameters and stunt performer protection
• Demonstrated ability developing and utilizing innovative solutions; ability to take a step back and look at situations from different points of view
• Must be able to demonstrate experience with and the ability to resolve conflicts, be solutions-oriented, and work effectively across the organization and with all levels of employee.
• Must be responsive and results and detail-oriented.
• Safety/Environmental certification preferred
• Must be Bilingual English/Spanish
• Must be willing to work in the greater Miami, Florida area
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing to work late evenings, and occasional holidays or weekends per business need
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnwe0k-3-87-33-97-42 in your application.