Java Software Engineer
Project & People Manager - FIFA
EA Sports is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA Sports is the FIFA franchise. EA Sports - FIFA is the world's #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC and mobile.
Innovation, passion and team-work is at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne, we are looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
If you're passionate about your craft, this is a role of a lifetime.
The EA - FIFA team is searching for a Project&People Manager to help us create the next FIFA, the most popular video game in the world. A game like FIFA consists of many features, and a Project&People Manager ensures the delivery of one or more game features, on time, and within budget, while reporting to a Senior Development Director that is overseeing the whole project.
• You oversee the delivery of one or more features while working with colleagues across the largest EA studios in the world.
• Work with FIFA development teams generally consisting of Software Engineers, Animators, Artists and Designers.
• Anticipate bottlenecks and provide management escalation
• Track and implement project improvement plans to promote team efficiency and quality improvements
• Identify and see all risks towards resolution.
• Create goals for the team.
• Conduct regular one-to-ones to allow team members to raise issues, questions, achievements, and follow up on the goals.
• Conduct annual performance review preparation (calibration) with peers and management.
• Resolve any issues or disputes within the team in a collaborative way, ensuring team satisfaction
• 4+ years Project Manager or Project Lead experience, and 2+ years of People Management
• Bachelor's degree in any of the following areas: Computer Science, Game Development, Business or equivalent training and professional experience
• Excellent knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), tools and frameworks.
• Proficient in bug tracking tools (JIRA or similar) and project management tools (Hansoft or similar).
• Experience working with broad diverse teams.
• Mediation and conflict resolution skills.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.