EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connecting millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. EA SPORTS NHL has revolutionized sports gaming for tens of millions of players around the world, pioneering award-winning and innovative technology and experiences that connect players to the speed, skill and creativity of the NHL.
The EA SPORTS NHL franchise is founded on dedication, passion and innovation. Located in Vancouver, British Columbia, the team is comprised of fearless talent on a mission to deliver on-ice experiences that connect gamers around the world through play. If you're a creative pioneer with a passion for your craft, this is your chance to turn a job into something you love.
The Online Software Engineer will build our networked play development team – whether that be in our online career mode, ultimate team, or core online systems and protocols. We are looking for engineers who enjoy prototyping and planning, adding amazing new features to an existing and beloved game, and improving existing code. You will report to the Operations Development Director and Technical Lead to estimate, build projects and provide excellent results.
• Hands-on coding (C++); requirements gathering and designing new tech; maintain and build a tech module.
• You will be involved in the whole creation process from architecture design, implementation, debugging, and tuning on multiple platforms and device, working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in the Online and Game Modes domain.
• You will design, architect and document technical designs for Online multiplayer Game Modes systems.
• You will work with a proprietary engine to develop stable, scalable, efficient and shareable code.
• You will work with people on a large team both locally and remotely.
• You will work independently and communicate status.
• You will identify, communicate and solve issues.
• Use of common software engineering design patterns and paradigms.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
• Proficiency with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
• Experience with Client/Server, Peer-to-Peer and multithreaded architectures.
• Experience with modern Database technologies.
• Knowledge of networking protocols.
• Knowledge of good software programming practices.
• Experience with 3rd party APIs.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw8eo2-34-237-52-11-42 in your application.