Director, People Experience Business Partner
Director / Sr Director, People Experience Business Partner - FIFA & Catalyst (Interim to Perm)
Electronic Arts – EA SPORTS & Racing
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
At EA, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It's the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We're innovators and great storytellers. But it's not just about amazing your peers – it's about amazing yourself. Take risks. Collaborate with brilliant minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day.
Entertaining is Our Passion
As one of the world's largest video game developers and publishers, we have many well known titles-Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don't know how we're committed to creating games and services for every platform-from mobile to console-to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creativity, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
EA was founded by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry-and the company-has expanded immensely, but we are still motivated by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world's best games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders and fueled by our talented staff at locations right across the Globe we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
The Challenge Ahead:
Our People Experience Business Partner reports to the People Experience Business Partner for EA SPORTS & Racing and drives talent strategy and the People Experience roadmap working with Executives within the EA Sports, FIFA and Catalyst organisations. The Director/ Sr Director, PE Business Partner coaches, advises and partners with EA Sports Sr. Leaders to build their leadership capability, enable business strategy, develop our talent and achieve business outcomes. You will take leadership roles on EA-wide People Experience programs and related project teams.
What the PE Business Partner does at EA:
• Designs a comprehensive talent strategy with executives to ensure successful execution of goals, aligned with Company Talent strategy.
• Partner with HR Centers of Excellence (COE's) that comprise our Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, Talent Development and Organisational Effectiveness teams to develop and facilitate strategic talent solutions from hiring through career progression.
• Change Management: Coaches executives and leaders to plan for change management, optimizing for the employee experience, and working through organizational design to create role clarity at the individual and team level.
• Drive complex change programs for client group(s). Educate management and key stakeholders on best practices in change management. Orchestrate full circle review of change impact to ensure change acceptance.
• Talent and Workforce Planning solutions: Leads effort to identify potential successors for important roles and leadership positions. Drive attraction, retention, and development of key talent. Establish clarity about critical roles and develop strategies to address retention risks and skill gaps, ensuring depth of bench strength. Involved in selection of internal and external talent.
• Culture and Employee Experience: Help establish and foster EA culture, improving programs, diagnostics, and related training/coaching engagements, to develop EAs overall capability to foster a healthy, cohesive, collaborative, fun, fair and equitable workplace. Is accountable for all ER-related issues in assigned client group(s). Work with managers, employees and appropriate others to respond to all employee relations issues in ways that foster a cohesive and enjoyable workplace.
• Performance, Recognition and Rewards: Creates insightful approaches to employee recognition and rewards; can assess market data to guide optimal compensation decisions, and is innovative about ways outside of compensation to provide meaningful reward and recognition. Is accountable for the successful implementation of the life cycle of the performance and compensation process across all assigned client group(s), this includes being knowledgeable of business unit budgets and demonstrates ability to use funds effectively during annual cycle. Shows good judgment in knowing when to advocate out-of-guideline recommendations. Demonstrated ability, with compensation partner, to develop recommendations on executive compensation. Understand concepts of unvested equity and vesting timelines as it relates to compensation.
• Organizational Effectiveness: Identifies gaps hindering achievement of business outcomes and ensures business is focused on solving root cause issues. Drives increasingly complex initiatives to improve organization effectiveness. Works across COEs (as applicable) to develop recommended solutions. Coaches, trains and fosters management capability
• Workforce Analytics and Technology: Identifies important metrics to assess and diagnose the health of the organization. Educates management on headcount planning and related metrics (e.g. span-of-control) to support their business decisions. Applies knowledge of HR metrics and uses data from various tools (e.g. Team Health, Workday, etc.) appropriately to assess and influence / business decisions.
The next great People Experience, BP at EA also needs to have:
• Minimum experience: Bachelor or Masters Degree in a relevant field plus 10 or more years of progressive success as a senior strategic HR business partner/manager. Proven experience managing and implementing large scale HR programs across a business unit.
• Experience developing high potential HRBP individuals/teams.
• Knowledge leader, with demonstrated mastery in organizational design, change leadership, and overall talent management.
• A business leader, who is equally a builder of HR solutions based on HR best practices, as well as, an astute business member who employs solutions that affect current and future business performance
• Excellent change management skills - comfortable with ambiguity and constant change, able to methodically work through complex problems, set priorities and deliver on commitments.
• Can balance compassion and toughness in coaching others and leading through change.
• Excellent at building and managing through relationships across the HR organization - with peers, upwards, and with center of expertise partners.
• Good understanding of local employment law, coupled with the ability to gain a high level understanding of territorial employment customs and practices working with EA's worldwide HR team.
• Passion for creating healthy organizations, driving transformation and helping culture be a competitive advantage.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk9y3p-44-201-96-43-42 in your application.