This position, with the title of Software Engineer, is in the Frostbite Quality - Build Farm team and reports to the Engineering Manager. Frostbite is the one engine for Electronic Arts, and through our unique development process, we aim to produce a functional, reliable, usable and high-end product for our game developers.
The Build Farm team provides the infrastructure and services required by Frostbite's CI, validating hundreds of code changes every day. In our team, you will operate and scale a global farm with on-premise and cloud components. You will set up and troubleshoot build and test automation on multiple games and platforms, and even prototype hardware. You will develop monitoring to reduce manual intervention to a minimum. You will learn multiple technologies and will be trusted as a domain expert on many new areas. Working with Frostbite software, quality and release engineers, you will make efficient, reliable, secure development workflows possible. You will also share your solutions and best practices with DevOps engineers across EA.
As a member the larger Frostbite Quality & Development Services organization, you will belong to a globally distributed team with development centers in Stockholm (Sweden), Vancouver (Canada), Bucharest (Romania) and Guildford (UK), to name a few.
• Operate Frostbite's CI, working with team mates to keep the automation pipeline fast and reliable across branches and platforms.
• Manage and scale up the hardware, virtual infrastructure and services.
• Respond to breakages, diagnosing and fixing problems in complex systems.
• Report status and thoroughly documenting issues and solutions.
• Develop monitoring and other systems that reduce the time spent on support.
• Partner with Frostbite engineers to understand and fulfil their evolving requirements, e.g. ensuring quick feedback and accurate error messages.
• Work with people from around the world - we're a global team.
• Familiarity with DevOps, build systems, and CI software and workflows.
• Experience working with customers in solving technical problems.
• Ease to organize your work across competing demands.
• Interest in hardware and multi-platform development.
• Scripting or programming experience, including debugging processes.
• Can-do mentality, eager to try things out and take on new technologies.
• Collaboration with local and remote teams, sharing knowledge and responsibilities.
• A degree in computing or equivalent professional experience (1 or more years)
• As we're an international team who communicate in English, you'll need to be comfortable talking and writing about technical details in English.
What tech are we using?
Although it is not required to have experience in our tech, candidates often find it helpful to know what we are using. This is not an exhaustive list, and this changes over time as we find better solutions.
• Windows 10, Ubuntu, Debian.
• Jenkins CI.
• Perforce, git, GitLab.
• vSphere / VMware.
• Ansible, Chef; Packer; Artifactory, Chocolatey and NuGet.
• Docker, DC/OS, Kubernetes, AWS and Azure.
• PowerShell, groovy, Python.
• Elasticsearch, Kibana, SQL.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together people that combine creativity, innovation and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1onwy-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.