Data Wrangler (Capture)
EA Create Capture offers a multitude of acquisition services to EA. The services encompass motion capture, performance capture, facial animation, head and body scanning for video game titles developed by EA.
While maintaining EA's core values and development team needs, Create Capture's Data Wrangler performs extremely detailed pre-shoot technical set ups, shoot tasks and post-shoot pipeline steps across body motion capture, performance capture, head and body scanning, virtual cinematography as well as, research and development services, at times simultaneously.
This person is organized and able to think quickly adapt with agile Game Team clients. Our Data Wrangler is an effective problem solver; the first point of contact for any pipeline failures and accountable for initiating the appropriate mitigation plan to unblock the pipeline or escalate to the appropriate team member. This role requires deep knowledge across multiple disciplines at Create Capture.
They deliver their tasks efficiently according to schedule while managing multiple priorities. Partnering closely with the Producer, and colleagues on the Acquisition team and the Post-Production team, the Data Wrangler is at the heart of our projects and are involved at every step of our work.
• The successful candidate will be approachable, organized and detail-oriented with a flexible approach to their workload.
• They possess high technical aptitude, tenacity to learn and improve pipeline processes and tasks that ensure our workflows run optimally.
• They use proprietary custom-built software, as well as Maya, Adobe Bridge CC, Reality Capture, Microsoft Office, Google Sheets, and Shotgrid to perform their tasks.
To be a successful candidate for this role, you:
• Understand custom toolset purposes and their affect within the pipeline, with the ability to adapt to changes as they evolve
• Understand technical dependencies of 3D scanning, motion capture, performance capture and virtual cinematography
• Maintain the communication that connects the pre-production, production and post-production departments - Effectively troubleshoot automated pipeline errors
• Manage custom workflows and propose changes for optimization and efficiency - Coordinate schedules to ensure data passes through each pipeline phase - Are familiar, and keep up-to-date, with industry standard file formats
• Demonstrate consistency with handling data that depends on extreme technical accuracy and consistency
• Work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Know when, why and how to escalate risk
• Are excellent with time management and communication
• Work well in a team, but capable of working autonomously
• Are extremely organized and methodical
Strong candidates possess experience or skills across these environments:
• In/Out Coordination
• Data Wrangler positions found in VFX, film & TV
• Digital Imaging Technicians positions found on set in film & TV
• Post-production coordination
• Demonstrable experience using Shotgrid to manage assets and workflow
Summary of Responsibilities:
• Be the 'Subject Matter Expert' for all tasks relating to the pre-shoot set-up of recording sessions and movement of data from recording session into post-production.
• Communicate and validate information (e.g. shot lists, talent lists, prop lists etc.) being ingested it to databases resulting in quality data.
• Perform pipeline steps post-shoot: ingest data to appropriate pipeline, troubleshoot any pipeline blockages and escalate risk, if necessary.
• Provide support to game development teams in post-production: preparing and distributing order tools / sheets, partner relationship support, distributing game team data orders to relevant team members.
• Create, improve and update documentation of workflow and pipeline.
• Contribute to the onboarding new team members.
• Provide on-set support to the Acquisition team, as required.
What's in it for you? Glad, you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages many other perks! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the ''work hard/play hard'' credo every day.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4zp31-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.