Data Engineer- FIFA Future
The EA Digital Platform (EADP) group provides central services that help game teams to tap into the power of the global EA ecosystem. Compatible across multiple platforms and devices, our platform empowers teams to foster deeper, more meaningful relationships with our players. The EADP is the foundation on which EA's games are built. By providing reusable capabilities that game teams can easily integrate into their games, we allow them to focus on making incredible games. These building blocks are made up of high-level service platforms.
This unique role will be perfect for someone who is passionate about engineering ease of use and reducing friction in tech integration. The team will focus on building a product that unifies integrator onboarding and support and provides web applications to improve the entire game development and live game management life cycle. The team will also build a framework that enables shared services to provide the right experiences, tools and documentation support to promote better integration.
Reporting to a Senior Engineer Manager, you will contribute to the development of tools and services to support the platform in providing an outstanding developer experience. Typical activities include:
• You will determine high-level architecture and technical requirements for our web applications and components
• You will establish and tune our technology stack
• You will work with the design and product management team to build applications that delight users.
• Document and present technical designs for peer technical review and provide feedback on other designs
• Collaborate and manage partnerships with internal partners
• Share knowledge internally and apply lessons learned by other teams to align with the broader EADP technology portfolio
• Establish engineering best practices that allow the team to achieve the assigned projects
• Work across teams to identify requirements, determine metrics and setup benchmarks for engineering ease of use
• Analyze the complex technical architecture across EA's shared services and platform to understand the causes of engineering friction and drive fixes
• Partner with game studios to understand their important requirements and concerns for integration
• Partner with platform teams to understand what common functionality they need in a framework to build the best possible integration experiences
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years of software development experience
• 1+ years of technical leadership experience
• Experience designing the architecture for large, scalable live services
• Working knowledge of designing reusable components and interfaces
• Expertise in creating a flexible and scalable end-to-end systems design and architecture
• Experience building a web platform which enables distributed development of common applications
• A passion for gaming
• Familiarity with new web frameworks and tools (e.g. Grunt, Bower, Bootstrap, or JSHint)
• Understanding of the realities of working with complex distributed client/server systems
• Experience working in Agile/Scrum-based development environments
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro3mx6-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.