HR & Operations Coordinator
AKA NYC is an award-winning, fully integrated advertising agency with unparalleled expertise across the arts & entertainment, leisure, travel, retail, and tourism sectors. With a focus on creativity, innovation and consumer experiences, we have a proven record of delivering cross-platform campaigns that get results for new brands and iconic institutions alike. Our clients include Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Funny Girl the Musical, Edge at Hudson Yards, YMCAs of Greater New York, and many others.
AKA NYC is seeking an HR & Operations Coordinator to join the Operations team to help support the fast-paced strategic growth of AKA. Key responsibilities include HR operations and administration, project management, and support of HR processes and activities. Reporting to the Director of People and Culture, the HR & Operations Coordinator is a full-time position that is based in New York City.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Format and proofread job descriptions, ensuring consistency.
- Post job descriptions to ATS (JazzHR) and other sponsored recruitment sites as needed.
- Screen resumes and conduct pre-screening interviews.
- Schedule interviews for the Hiring Manager (Zoom and/or in-person).
- Engage candidates with regular, friendly, and timely updates to ensure a positive interview experience.
HR & Administration
- Assist and support the day-to-day HR functions.
- Assist with onboarding new employees, including coordinating their first day, onboarding new hires in all HR systems, and processing all new hire paperwork.
- Accurately maintain employee records and org charts.
- Ensure all staff members complete the required trainings for HR & IT.
- Maintain an updated inventory of job descriptions.
- Send internal announcements about new hires, departures, promotions, events, trainings, etc.
- Monitor expenses for HR and operations and reconcile the American Express card monthly.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Serve as active member of the Culture Committee.
- Help plan culture events for the staff including holiday parties, summer parties, and smaller scale holiday events.
- Assist with creating and maintaining a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and anti-racist workplace and learning environment.
- Serve as backup to the Office Manager.
- Assist with ordering supplies or catering as needed.
- Book travel or draft correspondence as needed.
- Plan logistics for employee meetings and trainings, including room reservations and tech set-up.
- Complete operational tasks, errands, and outreach.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 2+ years of HR experience or related role (ideally servicing the entertainment industry).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated by the ability to communicate complex problems and solutions in a clear and simple manner to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent organization, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Exercise initiative and exhibit sound judgment.
- Ability to work autonomously and actively seek solutions to problems.
- Proficiency in MS Office (particularly Powerpoint & Excel)
- Strong attention to detail.
- The ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive salary between $50,000 - $65,000, commensurate with experience
- A generous PTO entitlement, including:
- 20 days vacation per year, increasing with years of service (to a maximum of 25 days)
- 3 personal/mental health days per year
- 12 paid public holidays per year
- 5 paid sick days per year
- 1/2 day Summer Fridays between mid-June and Labor Day
- 100% employer-paid healthcare for employees
- 100% employer-paid dental care for employees
- Flexible 40 hour week built around core hours M-F 10AM-5PM
- Hybrid position: minimum three days per week in office (Tues, Wed, Thurs)
- WFA for 2 weeks in August
- Training and Development fund up to $1,000 per employee, per year
- Minimum of 4 weeks paid parental leave, increasing with years of service (to a max of 12 paid weeks)
- Student loan repayment assistance (or tuition assistance) up to $5,000 with 6 years of service
- Paid 4-week sabbatical with 10 years of service
- Pet-friendly office
A Note on Diversity and Inclusion
At AKA we believe our team is at its best when we reflect the diversity of our community. We strive to hire and cultivate the best talent so when recruiting we work to actively reach and engage a wide community of people. We’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe a diverse team makes us smarter, more creative and helps us better understand the needs of the audiences we target with our campaigns.
AKA is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law.
AKA NYC requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the first date of on-site work. As required by applicable law, AKA will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Sound like a good fit? We’d love to hear from you!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj16z1-3-238-250-73-42 in your application.