Senior Game Mode Designer
We are DICE
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is not always easy. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning developer based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise..
We are looking for a Art Craft Manager with experience managing people and allow our amazing staff to succeed and develop in their careers.
The purpose of the Art Craft Manager is to provide lateral support outside the game team hierarchy, focused on growing individuals long term. Our Art Craft Managers build and sustain a strong and versatile production force, so that DICE can build any game and service that we decide to pursue. A Art Craft Manager works with recruiting, building, coaching and mentoring individuals, both on a personal and a craft level.
They work close to the game teams to understand the project needs, challenges and possibilities. By not being embedded in a specific project or franchise, the Art Craft Managers will find synergies, ensure collaboration, nurture personal development, craft specialization and career. Each Art Craft Manager oversees multiple individuals spread across the teams. They are an executive extension of the Art Craft leadership and studio management.
Who you are
• Someone with work experience and a solid, reliable and down-to-earth person.
• You have experience in game development and with content creation most likely, 5+ years experience. This background is essential to evaluate and challenge the content creators in a healthy and constructive way.
• You have strong soft skills; including listening, coaching, mentoring, explaining, etc.
• You are competent with structure and order. Documentation and clear planning is important.
What you will be doing
• Communicate information from and to studio management.
• Stay informed and up-to-date with project goals, status and team health.
• Support and coach individuals, and managing long term goals and careers.
• Staffing and recruitment.
• Coach and mentore the content team to be stronger and more versatile, to enable efficient and healthy production.
• Conduct performance reviews and salary discussions.
• Studio wide training.
• You will report directly to the Art Craft Director.
• 1-to-1 meetings.
• Convey feedback and encourage a direct and transparent conversation practice when possible.
• Pro-actively be involved with projects beyond 1-on-1's, by talking to other people in the team and attend team meetings and reviews.
• Interview with new hires.
• Maintain and update documents on staffing, recruitment and studio information.
• Report and inform core project leads on team health and concerns raised.
• Onboard of new hires.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
At DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a great compensation package we offer our employees massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees' with occupational pension
A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
We thought you might also like to know…
The position is permanent and applications will be selected continuously. Apply online with a combined CV and Introduction letter in English. Because there is a focus on artistic skill, if possible please also send a link to your portfolio. As part of the application process, we might also ask you to take on a practical work test.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site