Program Manager, Marketing Innovation
Guildford, EN GB
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. We employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
EA's Business Development team provides a central organisation for the negotiation and execution of third-party partnerships, including licencing, technology deals, platform relationships and publishing partnerships. We work with internal businesses to shape EA's future.
The Business Development team is looking for a Director of Business Development who will work within the FIFA Licencing Team, and have responsibility for procuring licences, management of certain partnerships and input into the licencing strategy for the FIFA videogame franchise.
You will already have experience in the football industry (in a business development or partnership management capacity) and an understanding of the deal process, including sourcing opportunities, evaluating partnerships and structuring and negotiating contracts.
• Lead licence procurement and renewals for all global and local club partners.
• Shape strategy for FIFA licencing across APAC and LATAM regions, including the impact on global club partners.
• Partner with EA Sports Marcom Activation Regional teams, country managers, and the Asia Studios, to provide club and regional market strategies.
• Maintain relationships with top leaders at all club partners.
• Provide partners with regular business and strategy updates, in addition to presenting and gaining high-level approval for the yearly product feature sets.
• Contribute to the modelling, research and evaluation of deal opportunities.
• Work with legal, finance and other teams throughout the contract negotiation process.
• Partner with other teams (such as the FIFA Competitive Gaming Team) to satisfy all their licencing and partnerships needs.
• Influence the long-term licencing strategy for the Football Department including regular communication with the leadership team.
• Be the interface between development team, marketing and licensors. Provide feedback on features, help gain agreement and work with partner teams to gain necessary approvals
• Co-ordinate teams that need to partner with licensors to ensure that all communication is happening in a thoughtful manner and that any decisions are reviewed and agreed by the relevant team members.
• Create a set of core measurements relevant to the licencing team through close collaboration with the analytics team.
• Work experience in business/partnership development;
• Previous football industry experience is mandatory;
• Expert knowledge and a passion for European football (soccer) is mandatory;
• Knowledge of Asian, South and North American football (soccer) is desired;
• Experience engaging and influencing senior executives.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
• Great compensation package plus annual bonus scheme
• Central location in Guildford (5 minutes from main train station)
• Private medical insurance and dental care
• Pension scheme, life insurance, stock plans
• Free onsite gym, employee discounts
• Rail season ticket loan
• Annual game points and digital download allowance
• Onsite café and two annual staff parties (Summer and Christmas)
• 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas and New Year)
• Casual dress code and games areas
We thought you might also want to know more about our location:
Take your career to the next level – apply today!