NHL - Development Director
Vancouver, BC CA
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Have you ever experienced the thrill of a last minute goal that carries your team to victory in front of millions of people? Working here is kinda like that
The Challenge Ahead:
As Software Engineer you will be a part of the game creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms-working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in the Game Modes domain. You will report to the Operations Development Director and Technical Lead to estimate, build projects and provide excellent results.
What this Software Engineer will do at EA:
• Implement and improve Client Front-End screens and workflow
• Work with Interface Designer to lay out and create screens and components
• Work with Server and Client BE engineers to establish, hook up and test end-to-end functionality
• Refine underlying screen navigation workflow
• Collaborate within small to medium team of engineers
• Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code
• Create tools, features and engine components to required coding standards
• Profiling and optimizing software components of a game
• Create leading edge reusable technologies, both systems and engines
• Measurably improve process and best practices to achieve targets
The next great EA Software Engineer also needs:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
• Experience with programming languages, such as C++ or C# or Java
• Experience in object-oriented design and implementation
• Working knowledge of Photoshop
• Knowledge of good software engineering practices
• Experience with memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization
Nice to have:
• Experience shipping a PC or console product (i.e. PS3, Xbox 360.)
• Experience in test, debug, and extend other Software Engineer's code competently
• Experience on an online game /free-to-play title a huge plus
• Knowledge of Scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) a plus
• Working knowledge of project or quality tracking software such as Hansoft, DevTrack.
The benefits and perks of working for EA
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site