Software Engineering Manager
UI Software Engineer - NHL - Temporary
We are EA Sports
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
The Challenge Ahead:
As UI Software Engineer you will be a part of the game creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms-working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in the Game Modes domain. You will report to the team's manager and work with your peers on developing the game's foundation layer.
What you will do as a UI Engineer:
• Implement and improve Client Front-End screens and workflow.
• Work with Interface Designer to lay out and create screens and components.
• Work with Server and Client BE engineers to establish, hook up and test end-to-end functionality.
• Refine underlying screen navigation workflow.
• Collaborate within small to medium team of engineers.
• Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code.
• Create tools, features and engine components to required coding standards.
• Profiling and optimizing software components of a game.
• Create leading edge reusable technologies, both systems and engines.
• Measurably improve process and best practices to achieve targets.
We are looking for:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
• Experience with programming languages, such as C++ or C# or Java.
• Experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
• Working knowledge of Photoshop.
• Knowledge of good software engineering practices.
• Experience with memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
Nice to have:
• Experience shipping a PC or console product. (i.e. PS3, Xbox 360.)
• Experience in test, debug, and extend other Software Engineer's code competently.
• Experience with an online game /free-to-play title.
• Knowledge of Scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua).
• Working knowledge of project or quality tracking software such as Hansoft, DevTrack.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great benefits and compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Are you ready to join the game?
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.