The Challenge Ahead
Technical Animators at DICE have a proven understanding of animation and character setup in relation to video game development. They make sure Animators and Artists have all the tools necessary to author industry leading content, and make it possible for these crafts to integrate smoothly into our pipeline.
The challenge for Tech Animation is to build pioneering solutions for DICE games that constantly evolve. Remaining at the forefront of video game creation can be difficult, but it's a large part of what makes developing at DICE so rewarding and satisfying. We're looking for Technical Animators that want to take on the challenges of ongoing product and pipeline evolution, and who will have fun pushing the boundaries of animation and characters in our games.
The Next Great Technical Animator At DICE
As a Technical Animator at DICE we hope you want to drive new solutions and ideas, collaborate with other disciplines such as Code, Design, and Art, to ensure that our workflows and tools are the best in the industry. Releasing creative potential while having fun building our products is a main goal!
DICE'ers are curious, take risks and ownership. Executing on our vision to create compelling experiences and constantly improving as we go is a shared ambition, and takes ownership.
As a Technical Animator at DICE, you will:
• Help the wider art and animation team with technical solutions, tools development, in-engine implementations and general problem solving.
• Have a strong understanding of the game animation workflows and pipeline.
• • Game asset creation experience in Maya & Motion Builder.
• Game engine experience, such as Unity or Unreal.
• Cloth, Physics and Ragdoll knowledge.
• Skinning & Rigging.
• Performance impact, memory cost and best practices.
• Write scripts and tools
• • Proficient in Python
• C# and C++ are considered a great plus
• Have a good balance between reactionary and proactive work.
• Have clear structure, prioritization and organization.
• Require 3D Math knowledge.
• Need the ability and tenacity for R&D; push the bar for what's possible at DICE.
• Share knowledge through presentations & documentation.
• Need strong communication skills both verbally and in text.