People Development Manager
EA is looking for a highly motivated and results-driven HR professional to join its People Practices team based in Burnaby, BC. This role will report into our Director, People Practices.
The Challenge Ahead: Our People Partners are passionate about delivering simple and awesome people experiences while delivering programs and support in meaningful and efficient ways. In this role you will be connecting with employees, enabling people managers, supporting team effectiveness and engagement initiatives, planning and delivering people programs and being a cultural steward for EA.
What a People Practices Lead does at EA:
• Partners closely with employees and managers to provide candid, unbiased coaching and counsel to improve individual and team capabilities and enhance manager effectiveness to meet current and future business needs;
• Builds effective relationships and collaborates with internal partners, including business leaders, HR business partners and COE partners, to deliver simple and effective programs and people practices for the business/region; develops creative and enhanced solutions for complex project or program
• Leverages HR technology and business intelligence tools to provide data-driven insights management on workforce analysis, headcount planning and related HR metrics that enable management to make the right business decisions;
• Proactively understands client and market business models/cycles, priorities and cultural nuances as an input into effective execution of key practices and programs.
• Facilitates talent programs including engagement, performance, talent planning and focal planning across clients and regions; participates in delivering creative and enhanced solutions for complex project or program related needs;
• Supports the organization’s ability to change by developing the capacity and readiness for change and facilitating change initiatives for client group(s) including coaching management on planning and communications and ensuring change acceptance;
• Facilitates creative approaches to employee recognition and rewards that attracts and retains talent of a diverse workforce and reflects EA’s philosophy and growth plans. Supports the successful implementation of performance and compensation life-cycle across all assigned client group(s)/regions;
• Works with managers, employees and COEs to develop overall capability to foster a healthy, cohesive, collaborative, fun, fair and equitable workplace;
Our People Practices Lead will also need to have:
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field combined with five to eight years of progressive success as an HR partner;
• Proven experience managing and implementing complex HR programs and/or initiatives across the business/regions;
• Analytical mindset with proven experience using data and data-driven insights to support the business;
• Experience as a business partner, who is equally a builder of HR solutions based on HR best practices, as well as, an astute business member who employs solutions that affect the current and future performance of the business;
• Proven subject matter expertise, with demonstrated experience in coaching and development, change management, and overall talent management;
• Strong change management skills - comfortable with ambiguity and constant change, able to methodically work through complex problems, set priorities and execute on commitments;
• Strong project management and delivery experience; facilitating high impact talent programs across the business;
• Good understanding of local employment law combined with the ability to gain a high-level understanding of regional employment customs and practices;
• A passion for creating healthy organizations, driving transformation and helping culture be a competitive advantage;