Associate Designer - NHL
Vancouver, BC CA
As an Associate Game Designer, you will create content, balance systems, design features and prototype innovative game mechanics for EA SPORTS NHL. You will be working closely with the Creative Director and design team during pre-production, production, and finalling.
What you will do:
• Design and implement game mode content involving narrative, progression, economy, and reward systems.
• Create innovative and engaging mechanics through iterative prototyping while maintaining EA SPORTS' high standard of quality.
• Design novel gameplay while staying true to the NHL franchise's core brand values and overarching game vision.
• Evolve design decisions based on regular play testing and audience feedback.
• Communicate game design and design rationale clearly and concisely with the various members of the team.
• Receive and provide critiques in a constructive manner with suggestions and solutions for improvement.
• Integrate learnings from quantitative data and A/B test results and constantly strive to improve the design.
• Remain current on industry trends including new game genres, new game design methods and emerging platforms.
Who you are:
• Minimum 2 years industry experience working as a game designer.
• Bachelor's degree preferred but not required.
• Able to conceptualize, create and implement game concepts using various tools and technologies.
• Experience with game editors such as Unity/Unreal Engine/Radiant/Hammer.
• Creatively, analytically, and organizationally skilled with proven ability to write, communicate and maintain detailed design documentation throughout the game life cycle.
• Demonstrative proof of an open-minded, progressive thinker who is flexible, energetic, and driven with the ability to overcome obstacles and challenges with working solutions.
• Strong attention to detail a must.
• Passion for hockey and sports games preferred, but not required.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site