The EA Marketing Analytics team is looking for an analytics professional to take on the role of Advanced Analyst at our Vancouver studio. At EA, an Advanced Analyst is a Manager-level team contributor, and we are looking for someone who can take our analytics to a new level by digging into diverse data sets relating to our marketing campaigns, applying leading edge data analytics techniques, conducting experiments, extracting insights, creating evocative data visualizations and communicating recommendations to our marketing partners in ways that create clarity and influence the business.
In addition to an ability to build statistical models that turn numbers into knowledge, we are looking for strategic business acumen and the ability to build relationships across a global network of technical, marketing, and communications teams. You need to be able to use data to become a trusted advisor to our marketing partners, allowing us to reach new heights in our player acquisition, engagement, and monetization programs. If you can combine this with a pioneering spirit, commitment to team success, and a passion for the video game industry, this might be the right job for you.
What you will do:
• Work with marketing partners to understand their problems, identify those that can be best solved with data, prioritize opportunities based on impact, and provide analysis in ways that will lead to action.
• Select and analyze an array of internal and third-party data sources to find the marketing signal in the noise.
• Develop and evangelize methods and models for understanding how marketing channels can expand player awareness, interest, acquisition, monetization, while improving existing analytical methodologies and processes.
• Analyze the return on marketing strategies, campaigns and other programs and make recommendations according to your findings.
• Design crisp data visualizations and presentations to tell compelling data stories to partners and influence the business.
• Produce and maintain interactive dashboards and other automated reporting to inform the business.
• While not a management role, you will provide leadership, expertise, guidance and mentorship to others in the Marketing Analytics team on a daily basis.
Skills and knowledge expected:
• Combination of ability and passion for using data to improve the business.
• Approach analyses with structured, strategic thinking to develop a plan before digging into data.
• Strong collaboration skills that allow you to excel in matrix team environments.
• Skill in applying quantitative methodologies such as correlation analysis, regression modeling, cluster analysis, factor analysis to provide marketing insights.
• Apply analytical thinking to organize and interpret data from marketing channels such as online video, social media, websites, email, and online ad platforms.
• Programmatically collect, organize, analyze data from web APIs.
• Data visualization skills that reveal the meaning in the data using tools like Tableau, R Shiny, Data Studio, Power BI, Looker.
• Powerful enthusiasm for continuous learning, improvement, and sharing.
Background and technical skills:
• University degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Quantitative Marketing or equivalent.
• 5 years relevant hands-on analytical experience, preferably in video-gaming, technology, digital marketing or media.
• Proficiency in R statistical programming (or equivalent) to explore diverse data sets and create descriptive and predictive models.
• SQL skills including experience querying datasets from multiple sources.