We're EA-the world's largest video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our titles- Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Battlefield, and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don't know how we're committed to creating games for every platform-from social to mobile to console-to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
The role is responsible for ensuring that financial risks of the North American sales channels are correctly valued and recorded. These risks include supporting the sales teams on their price promotion decisions and providing value added feedback. This role will have a support from the controllership team.
This will mean:
• A key member of a Worldwide team reporting into the team finance manager II, working directly with all levels of management.
• Ownership of the calculation for price promotions in North America.
• Model, review and have an in-depth understanding of product life cycles assumptions.
• Lead the monthly, quarterly and year-end close processes including
• • Reviewing reporting packs and variance analysis prepared by NA channel analyst.
• Researching and documenting historical trends of past pricing strategies and actions.
• Collaborating with members of the international team to consolidate and review Worldwide channel and price promotion initiatives.
• Lead monthly/quarterly pricing promotion forecast process
• Strong partnership with cross functional teams (local and remote) on potential transaction and pricing strategies to improve quality of the provision. Key business partners include FP&A, Controllership, AR, Sales, Demand Planning.
• Documenting financial and accounting conclusions related to the channel and price promotion process
• Evaluate and review Product Placement Fee manual accrual process for ACO sales team
• Supporting the inventory provisioning process on NA stock.
• Support the NA build process to ensure adequate levels of stock
• Continually review existing reporting and processes for areas of improvement and development.
• Assist Audit review with KPMG: methodology, calculation, and B/S reconciliation
• Supporting the Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX)
• Support digital transformation initiatives within the business
• Creates regular and ad hoc analysis to support financial results and operations
• Leading both finance and business projects
• Can support some hours each week for a NA time zone.
The following skills are necessary to be successful in this challenging position:
• BA in Finance, Accounting, or Economics and 3-5 years of relevant business experience
• Good financial and accounting skills required,
• Financial tools experience with Oracle and HFM Essbase preferred. Strong knowledge of Excel required
• Experience with design, production, and consolidation of management reporting, including forecasts and plans
• Effective time management, work prioritization and the ability to work independently
• Able to handle multiple and often competing priorities
• Ability to effectively deal with ambiguity and uncertainty
• Strong presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills
• Proactive and problem-solving attitude
• Track record of process improvement
• Supervisory experience a plus