Full Time Job
Screening Room Operator
- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Founded in 2001, MR. X is a an award-winning visual effects company specializing in High-Concept series episodic and feature films. With years long relationships with some of Hollywood's top creators, MR. X has delivered the visual effects for critically-acclaimed titles like; The Shape of Water, Roma, American Gods and Vikings, to name a few. By partnering with our clients through every stage of their project, we help shape and guide what makes it to the screen, in some of the world's most exciting film and television content. MR. X has facilities in Toronto, Montreal, Bangalore and Los Angeles, with a combined staff of over 800 filmmakers, artists, and programmers. We are MR. X. Partners in storytelling.
• Operate Davinci Resolve and other editing software during Visual Effects reviews
• Maintain the dailies schedule, ensuring priorities are met, and dailies are started on time.
• Work closely with VFX editorial and production staff to ensure edits are up to date and all the latest VFX versions included
• Assist in setting up new projects ensuring editorial formats of the pipeline are in place,
• Review updated edits and spot for continuity issues or changes to Visual Effects shots
• Support for delivery of visual effects shots, including but not limited to, creating Quicktimes, digital file wrangling, and delivery dockets
• Organize directories and files in a logical and organized manner, adhering to established protocols
• General production support
• Additional Specific duties to be determined on a project by project basis.
• Manage multiple projects and work efficiently with tight deadlines in a professional manner.
• Exercise independent decision making and creative judgment in the development of projects.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent technical school certification in film editing or computer graphics, or equivalent work experience. (Experience must be in animation, film or digital effects).
• Minimum one year of editing experience with online or offline editorial
• Advanced knowledge of Davinci Resolve or other editing software.
• A passion for film editing, colour correction and have a keen eye.