Senior Rendering Engineer
Vancouver, BC CA
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to deliver outstanding visuals, audio and technology. Our teams comprise of exceptional artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, creatively driven through collaboration, culture and craft.
The Tools & Technology team enables creativity by building & supporting tools and pipelines that move content from third party digital content creation (DCC) packages into the game engine.
EA Create Tools and Technology team is looking for talented people to help us fulfill our mission of providing innovative tools and workflows that enable EA to lead the industry in content quality. With locations across the globe, our group strives to build an ecosystem of modular components that are efficient, adaptable to trends and allow for quick iteration of any artistic idea into reality.
We are a team of open-minded collaborators who seek to build ideal solutions for and with our partners through honest and mindful communication. We seek excellence in all that we do, from the delivery of our high-quality solutions, to our culture of constant learning, to our passion for sharing and innovating.
What the Senior Software Engineer will do:
As a Senior Software Engineer on the team, focusing on image and motion acquisition, you will help lead the effort to refine, optimize and generally improve the ways data is organized, built and iterated on across the different departments involved in making content for our AAA games. The EA Create Tools and Technology team partners with several groups spanning all aspects of asset creation including character and world building, animation, rigging, audio and scanning, with whom we collaborate to bring art for modern games to life. As a leader on the team, your job will be to identify global problems, propose solutions, write software and build technologies that help our partner teams be more efficient in all aspects of asset creation; all with an eye towards common, scalable solutions that work across all groups and titles.
Day to day you will ...
• Identify and solve complex, systematic problems in the domain of tools, pipeline and workflow development
• Own and investigate problem spaces, risks and dependencies across multiple domains and/or toolsets, in partnership with Product Owners and customers (i.e. artists and engineers)
• Work closely with those customers to develop and deliver user-friendly tools, efficient pipelines, and optimal workflows that aid in the development and iteration of game content.
• Gather user requirements across large efforts that span multiple teams, locations and disciplines
• Use leading-edge and pioneering work to advance EA's technologies
• Define, communicate and implement coding standards across team and projects
• Mentor junior team members in engineering practices and problem solving
Who you are:
• You have these technical skills
• Expertise in C# development with working knowledge of .NET, and WPF
• Working knowledge of C++ utilized in large scale projects
• Experience in tool development, that may include content creation packages, digital capture, 2D and 3D art content pipelines, art importers/exporters or automated content/data build systems
• Experience architecting and developing large-scale design
• Working knowledge of large Relational Databases
• Promote code quality through unit-testing, code-review and automation
• Ability to understand and improve workflow to enhance team productivity
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and hands-on experience
• You have these soft skills
• Ability to work in a diverse and collaborative team environment
• Creative mindset with focus on how to improve product quality as well as team productivity
• Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions
• Demonstrate dependability and reliability to complete projects/tasks on time
Bonus if you have:
• Exposure to unit testing frameworks (e.g. MBUnit , NUnit )
• Experience with build systems and concepts (e.g. TFS, Jenkins, NANT)
• Experience with languages such as Python, Java
• Experience in Computer Vision
The success profile for this role :
There isn't just one. We are open to people with different backgrounds and previous experiences. What's most important is your capabilities, approach to the work, and your ability to have an impact.
• You are open to new ideas, and you are trusting and accepting of your team, peers, and partners.
• You are committed to developing excellence in yourself and others and to delivering high-quality solutions.
• You value collaboration through honest and mindful communication and seek to build ideal solutions for and with our partners.
• You are willing to own the goals we set as a team, and work together to achieve them – then together, celebrate our achievements.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that is powered by creativity and individuality.