At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Software Developer, Catalog Acquisitions
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Digital Media Distribution team.
A little bit about our team:
The Digital Media Distribution (DMD) team is in charge of the support and development of all the systems responsible for WMG's music distribution to digital platforms in the marketplace. The newly created catalog acquisition team will handle all incoming catalogs from previous distributors and bring them up to today's data quality standards.
Why this could be your next big break:
Our newly created Catalog Acquisition team will be focused on the automation and improvement of our acquisition process, liaising with labels and digital distributors to bring high-quality data into our metadata systems, asset repositories, validation tools, and scheduling applications.
Here you'll get to:
• You will develop and maintain fully automated tools for catalog ingestion
• You will improve the process for the reception, pre-ingestion, data cleanup, and ingestion of our product metadata
• You will enable teams for parallel data cleaning and audio, video, and art QC
• You will collaborate to the Standard for Catalog Transfers within the Music Business
• You will learn and collaborate with the team on development and support for the Digital Supply Chain suite of applications
• Strong knowledge of Java, Spring, Hibernate frameworks, Spring Boot
• Hands-on experience creating and consuming RESTful APIs and proficiency in other API Frameworks, Tools: such as GraphQL, gRPC, Thrift, Akka, etc.
• Experience with XML DTDs and XML Schemas and knowledge of widely used schema technologies such as; Apache Avro, Protocol Buffers, JSON Schema, Apache Thrift
• Experience working with scripting languages like Perl or Groovy to generate reports/downloading assets to our local storage, etc.
• Experience working with Oracle database or any other RDBMS
• Experience working with AWS S3 buckets and the APIs/SDKs for uploading/downloading XMLs and assets
• Strong knowledge of build tools like Maven and Github versioning tool
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Expertise in developing project documentation such as business process flow diagrams, Test Plans, Conversion Plans, and Training Materials
• Experience with cloud-native application development on AWS Cloud,.familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes cloud technologies is a big plus
• Good Understanding Domain-Driven Design, Microservices, Reactive System Design, Serverless System Design paradigms
• Working knowledge of DevOps practices and frameworks such as; Github, Jenkins, Ansible, AWS Code Deploy/Build/Pipeline, Serverless Framework, AWS Amplify, NPM, Gradle, etc.
• Working knowledge of NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, Elasticsearch, etc.
• Knowledge of DDEX and other metadata sharing Standards will be helpful
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5yk6-34-228-52-223-42 in your application.