Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
Home Box Office, Inc. seeks an Acquisition Coordinator for the HBO General Inc.-Production Services department.
The Acquisition Coordinator will be responsible for tracking content for HBO linear broadcast, Subscription Video On Demand, and streaming (HBO Max) services. This includes but is not limited to the receipt and verification of media files for HBO and HBO Max original scripted programming, sports, documentaries, specials, and independent licensed acquisitions. The Acquisition Coordinator will work with both internal and external teams and stakeholders including third party vendors and others to ensure the timely delivery of final program masters, redeliveries and spot files, and enhancements (Closed Captions, Subtitles, audio tracks) for preparation for platform distribution.
• Create purchase orders and coordinate the delivery of closed captioning, subtitle, foreign language dubbing, and audio description materials with third party vendors
• Verify the acceptable receipt of master video files from both internal and external post-production teams, coordinate the scheduling of these files for quality control, coordinate with vendors for redeliveries as needed, and ensure all stakeholders are provided up to date information.
• Coordinate the inward flow of all file based delivered materials into departmental storage, creating records in company databases, and ingesting materials into the MAM, as well as coordinating the downstream flow of materials to third party and internal stakeholders.
• Utilize internal tools to create and deliver watermarked video work-files for third party vendors and create broadcast master files.
• Utilize proprietary and third party software to transcode and enhance audio and video materials for streaming, linear broadcast, quality control, and third party vendor screener creation.
• Utilize internal tools and applications to capture pertinent technical specifications, production/quality control notes, and any other essential documentation from production teams and/or licensors.
• Utilize tools and applications to track metrics, progress, delivery schedules, and other benchmarks for vendors and department management.
• 3+ years working in a post production facility or similar production experience
• Practical experience in TV/Film post-production or broadcasting preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and quickly re-prioritize
• Ability to excel in both autonomous and collaborative work environments
• A motivated self-starter who expresses a willingness to learn new skills and stay current with broadcast technology trends.
• Understanding of broadcast video and audio standards and codecs
• College degree required; major or minor in Media or Communications preferred.
• Some experience with Adobe Premiere is a plus.
• Excellent computer skills required; experience with Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets or Smartsheets required.
• This position is required to work in person at one of our locations in the United States. Warner Bros. Discovery requires anyone working in our workplaces in the US to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions to this vaccine requirement are available to those entitled to reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d200my-100-24-118-144-42 in your application.