UTA is looking for a Manager, Content Analytics and Deal Analysis for its IQ department, reporting to the SVP, Head of Content Analytics. This is a dynamic role which covers two major functional areas – content research and analytics (creating compelling data-driven narratives to aid in negotiations and help clients make informed strategic decisions), and deal analysis (utilizing financial modeling to support negotiations on film and TV content). The team utilizes myriad proprietary and third-party data sources to power their analyses.
The ideal candidate for this position is a strategic thinker that enjoys analyzing data and thrives in a fast-paced environment. Qualified c andidates should have a strong interest in the entertainment industry, particularly for film, TV and SVOD content.
What You'll Do
Deal Analysis, Film & TV
• Develop and build film and TV models to analyze economics and talent backend participations to support deal negotiations across all types of projects (e.g. major studio tentpoles, independent releases, streaming projects, broadcast series)
• Conduct research and analysis regarding changes in film & TV economics, deal structures and windowing, and summarize and communicate key findings to stakeholders.
• Work closely with UTA business affairs, talent, literary, and independent film agents, as well as outside managers and lawyers
Content Research & Analytics
• Preparation of data-driven narratives and analyses to support major deal negotiations, client pursuits and strategic content initiatives
• Engage in research efforts on industry trends around the box office, streaming and TV landscape
• Work closely with various departments around the agency (e.g. Motion Picture, Television, Talent, Audio, Unscripted, News & Broadcast, Comedy Touring, Independent Film, Media Rights, Publishing, Marketing) to provide impactful, data-driven insights to drive the business forward
What You Need
• Minimum of 2-4 years of experience of modeling/analytics or strategy work at a studio, streaming platform, investment bank, management consulting, or talent agency
• Strong ability to liaise with clients, agents, senior-level executives, and departmental colleagues
• Very strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Excellent quantitative skills as well as written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of the entertainment industry & trends
What You'll Get
• The unique and exciting opportunity to work at one of the leading global entertainment companies.
• The experience of creating content for clients across sports, music, news and entertainment.
• Becoming a creative force in the presentation and amplification of the UTA Brand.
• The opportunity to mentor and train junior team members.
• Work in an inclusive and diverse company culture.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g30xp9-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.