New York, NY
United Talent Agency (UTA) and IQ, UTA's strategic insights group, is looking for a rising Data Engineer to join our small but mighty team where you'll have the opportunity to expand your knowledge through working with our customers and our senior technical resources. UTA IQ is dedicated to analyzing third-party data and leveraging its own proprietary tools and predictive analytics to provide actionable insights to our clients. You will be responsible for staying on top of industry trends, adopting advanced best practices and technologies and fostering a data-driven culture throughout the company.
What You'll Do
• Support full software development lifecycle
• Work with team to establish system performance metrics to drive development priorities
• Create, improve, and update systems to improve scalability performance and capacity
• Be a resource and guide to less experienced staff or to those with other specialties
What you Need
• BS in Computer Science or related field strongly preferred
• Minimum 3+ years of professional work experience
• 2 years of Linux experience
• 2 years relevant experience with RESTful service development
Experience with multiple types of data stores (NoSQL, SQL, Search Indexes)
• Knowledge of existing cloud provider solutions (AWS or Azure).
• Familiarity with Serverless Architectures
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, continuous delivery environment
• Experience participating in cross-functional development teams
• Experience in distributed systems design and architecture
• Experience in troubleshooting and tuning systems
• Good knowledge of C#, Java, or C++ and OOP principles
• Ability to articulate ideas to non-technical audience
• Passionate about scaling software
What You'll Get
• The unique and exciting opportunity to work at one of the leading global entertainment companies.
• The opportunity to innovate and do the best work of your career as part of collaborative and cross-functional team
• Access to the tools, leadership and resources you'll need to create and drive a center of excellence
• Competitive benefits and programs to support your well-being
UTA is one of the world's leading talent and entertainment companies. We help the world's most inspiring people make the world a more inspiring place. Many of our colleagues spend their careers here. It's one of the reasons UTA is considered among the entertainment industry's best places to work.
At UTA, the belief in the client relationship is paramount and marked by respect, a sense of stewardship, and a commitment to an artist's entire creative life. Our commitment to every employee is the same.
UTA seeks the innovators, the entrepreneurs, the talented, the creative, the thoughtful and, the passionate, who share our love for the work all of us are privileged to do. For more information: https://www.unitedtalent.com/about/
UTA and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities.
Leading global talent and entertainment company United Talent Agency represents many of the most acclaimed figures across film, television, news, music, sports, theater, fine art, literature, video games, podcasts and other social and digital content.