UTA is seeks an assistant in Television Business Affairs in our Beverly Hills office. The position offers an opportunity to learn about business affairs, work with industry lawyers and executives and gain exposure to entertainment law. Candidates must have the ability to operate in a high intensive client focused environment, experience in handling heavy phone volume and scheduling, and an understanding of the entertainment industry.
This is a full-time position with benefits and will pay $25 per hour.
What You Will Do
• Phone management – answer and transfer calls, schedule & coordinate conference calls
• Calendar management – daily calendar management; update, cancel and confirm meetings. Scheduling and coordinate meetings, both in-office and offsite
• General clerical and administrative duties including letter drafting, filing and office management
• Editing, proofreading, summarizing agreements and correspondence under the supervision of the executive
• Serve as first point of contact with clients, Agents and Executives
• Track current and potential clients
• Assist with special projects, research, and compiling information as needed
• Preparing and drafting contracts and correspondence
What You Will Need
• JD degree
• Active California Bar license or other state preferred
• Ability to liaise with key senior-level executives
• Able to review and understand contracts
• Ability to liaise with internal staff at all levels and external clients & partners
• Capable of managing several projects simultaneously with minimal supervision
• Previous experience within a law firm, studio, or network a plus
• Highly professional with excellent judgment
• Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
• Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
• Can-do, positive attitude and willing to ''go the extra mile''
• Critical attention to detail and highly organized
• General business knowledge and interest in the television business
• Strong proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, Outlook, Word, & Internet research
What You Will Get
• The unique and exciting opportunity to work at one of the leading global entertainment companies
• Access to the tools, leadership, and resources you will need to create and drive a center of excellence
• The opportunity to do the best work of your career
• Work in an inclusive and diverse company culture
• Competitive benefits and programs to support your well-being
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqx7yz-18-207-129-175-42 in your application.