WHO ARE WE?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world's leading live entertainment company, comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Media & Sponsorship. Ticketmaster is the global leader in event ticketing with over 500 million tickets sold annually and more than 12,000 clients worldwide. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 40,000 shows and 100+ festivals annually for nearly 4,000 artists in over 40 countries. These businesses allow Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to create strategic music marketing programs that connect over 1,000 brands with the 98 million fans that attend Live Nation Entertainment events each year. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com.
WHO ARE YOU?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
We are seeking a Senior Accountant of Transaction Support in our Corporate Accounting department to provide the day-to-day technical accounting and transactional support for the organization in connection with acquisitions.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Assist the Manager of Accounting for Transaction Support with the following tasks:
• Performing complex purchase accounting for business combinations and other acquisition transactions, including preparing valuation models as needed.
• Coordinating with external valuation specialists for the preparation of valuation models for assets acquired and liabilities assumed in acquisition transactions.
• Performing technical accounting research, as well as documenting GAAP accounting and/or SEC reporting for mergers and acquisitions as needed.
• Quarterly SOX review of contingent consideration liabilities.
• Quarterly SOX review of redeemable non-controlling interest accretion.
• Coordinate formal kick-off and closing meetings related to acquisition transactions with the division accountants.
• Coordinate quarterly certifications with the divisions regarding consolidation reconsideration events.
• Prepare journal entries for purchase accounting, accretion for redeemable equity, and other ad hoc entries as needed, and reconcile entries to the ledger.
• Prepare periodic forecasts related to acquisition transactions, including forecasting for amortization, accretion for redeemable equity, and non-cash compensation expense, to be provided to corporate planning
• Prepare various quarterly internal and external reporting schedules related to acquisition transactions.
• Provide guidance to division accountants on the accounting needed for acquisition transactions as needed.
• Perform various other tasks supporting acquisition accounting as needed
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
• Three to five years of accounting experience, with at least three years of public accounting experience preferred
• CPA certification or working towards one
• Knowledge of accounting for acquisition transactions including business combinations, non-controlling interests, variable interest entity and consolidation accounting a plus
• Oracle, BPC, or Workiva experience a plus
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Multi-task oriented
• Strong organization skills
• Strong Excel skills
• Self-motivated; shows initiative
• Strong analytical skills a plus
• Ability to research accounting literature a plus
BENEFITS & PERKS - Our motto is 'Taking Care of Our Own' through 6 pillars of benefits:
• HEALTH: Medical, Dental and Vision benefits for you and your family, including Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
• YOURSELF: Paid time off policy including holidays, sick time and day off for your birthday, free concert tickets
• WEALTH: 401(k) program with company match, Stock Program Reimbursement
• FAMILY: New parent programs & support including caregiver leave and baby bonus, infertility support
• CAREER: Tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment internal growth and development programs & trainings
• OTHERS: Volunteer time off, crowdfunding network
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It's talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Live Nation strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the California Fair Chance Act and consistent with other similar and / or applicable laws in other areas.
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Live Nation will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Live Nation also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Live Nation will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case by case basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv1j97-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.