Technicolor Production Services is the division with Technicolor which contain Technicolor's world leading Visual effects and Animation brands such as MPC, Mr X, The Mill, and Mikros.
Technicolor's brands have worked on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies, advertising campaigns and Animation movies truly mind-blowing. We're the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Lion King, The Spongebob Movie: Sponge on the Run and advertising campaigns for clients such as Samsung, Audi, Nike and Apple. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Technicolor's artists are wildly creative, uber talented and passionate about the possibilities of VFX, Experiential, Animation and Technology. When you join the team, you'll be working with and learning from the most skilled people in the business.
We are hiring a Mid-level Software Support Analyst , for our Bangalore services and technology solutions team. You will be part of a team that provides global support (24*7) to our artists and engineers in our worldwide studios.
MPC has been a global leader in visual effects for over 25 years, delivering some of the most technically challenging and widely recognized movies in production today. This opportunity allows you to be directly involved with Development and Production teams.
As part of our engineering organization you will collaborate with developers, understand production workflows, and pipeline. By working with the artists, you will help bring solutions to ensure our our teams have a successful delivery, as we create the next award winning imagery in the visual effects industry.
• Work with Artists and software developers globally, providing prompt front-line technical support for all newly submitted tickets
• Identify and provide solutions to problems reported by users to resolve their issues, working with development team(s) to investigate and escalate issues when applicable
• Serve as a liaison between the artist and development team(s) to effectively convey and prioritize customer requests and concerns
• Develop and maintain the support team's playbook, documentation and customer knowledge base
• Work in 24X7 support environment in shifts.
• Can be Individual contributors during weekends and crucial times
• Bring in real time Production Support experiences to motivate the team
• Mentor team in following defined processes and share benefits of following.
• Bring the balance in Shift allocations by working with combination of seniors/juniors in the team.
• Play in front line for taking up unexplored and new types of issues as needed.
• Share constructive feedback with Seniors/Leads for repetitive issues.
Skills and Experience:
• Experience working in software service or support team
• Experience interacting and communicating directly to customers globally
• Expertise in Python, and shell scripting
• Have experience with one or more of the following issue tracking software and workflows (Jira, Service Desk, Service Now, Zendesk, RT) Knowledge of SDLC, ITIL, and ITSM processes.
• Experience in kubernetes and Dockers
• Strong Experience with Unix/Linux operating system and developing on this platform.
• Experience in working high demand environment.
Desired Additional Skills:
• Working Experience in applications built on C++, Java, or Perl
• Experience with databases, such as Oracle, MySQL, or PostgreSQL. Experience supporting both terminal and GUI applications
• Knowledge of one or more VFX applications - Maya, Katana, Houdini, or Nuke Knowledge of VFX production workflows
• Positive attitude towards learning
• Highly committed and able to work independently and as a team
• Extremely organized with excellent communication and documentation skills Excellent attention to detail, and ability to analyze complex problems and workflows Deadline orientated and ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0wpkm-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.