Technicolor Creative Studios is the division with Technicolor, which contains Technicolor's world-leading Visual effects and Animation brands such as MPC, Mr. X, The Mill, and Mikros.
Technicolor's brands have worked on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies, advertising campaigns and Animation movies genuinely mind-blowing. We're the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Lion King, The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run and advertising campaigns for clients such as Samsung, Audi, Nike and Apple. We are continually looking for the best talent globally, enthusiastic people who come in every day to be a part of some of the industry's best work. Technicolor's artists are wildly creative, uber-talented and passionate about the possibilities of VFX, Experiential, Animation and Technology. When you join the team, you'll be working with and learning from the most skilled people in the business.
• Work with Lead to ensure that implementations are consistent with overall Software department strategy.
• Communication of tasks, challenges and workflows across a globally distributed team.
• Work with teams cross site in the development of Creative tools for a multisite studio
Skills and Experience
• At least 2 years of experience in a VFX facility (or equivalent industry).
• Knowledge of Python and QT.
• Basic knowledge of key VFX application APIs – Nuke and Nuke Studio
• Good understanding of Compositing workflows.
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a Technical Animation Degree.
• Competency with Linux operating system and developing on this platform.
Desirable skills are advantageous, but not strictly necessary.
We don't expect candidates to tick ALL the boxes, but if you have any of the following in any combination they will be highly regarded. If you don't, a keen interest in learning more on the job about some combination will be important.
• Experience using development best practices and source control systems like git.
• Experience designing simple UX for complex back end functionality.
• Experience with asset management APIs and dependency handling.
• Experience and understanding of OCIO (Open Color IO) and LUTs
• Understanding of CDL and EDL
• Exposure to any Asset Management and Project Management systems (Shotgun) and their APIs
• Knowledge of creating custom Gizmos and groups
• Highly committed and able to work independently and as a team.
• Positive attitude towards learning.
• Extremely organized with good communication skills and an excellent attention to detail.
• Deadline orientated and ability to remain calm in a fast-paced and highly pressure environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are an ambitious software developer looking for an opportunity to work
with cutting edge technology then we look forward to your application.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0wp8e-35-172-223-30-42 in your application.