Technicolor Production Services is the division with Technicolor which contain Technicolor's world leading Visual effects and Animation brands such as MPC, Mr X, The Mill, and Mikros.
Technicolor's brands have worked on the spectacular scenes and tiny details that make movies, advertising campaigns and Animation movies truly mind-blowing. We're the people behind the effects in countless blockbuster films like The Lion King, The Spongebob Movie: Sponge on the Run and advertising campaigns for clients such as Samsung, Audi, Nike and Apple. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Technicolor's artists are wildly creative, uber talented and passionate about the possibilities of VFX, Experiential, Animation and Technology. When you join the team, you'll be working with and learning from the most skilled people in the business.
As a Devops Engineer in the Technical Resource Management (TRM) team, you will lead an agile driven transformation journey to elevate the TRM team efficiency. The TRM department is made of a technical multi-disciplinary team that oversees the operational management of all the technical resources used by our production departments. That includes compute, storage, bandwidth or software licenses usage.
What you tell your friends you do
''I manage thousands of servers to help create Oscar winning effects for the latest movies or tv shows.''
What you will really be doing
• Automation using scripting and enhancing / re-engineering processes to gain efficiencies.
• Deploy DevOps tooling within the team: GitHub, Jenkins etc.
• Proactively documents solutions and transfers knowledge with team members.
• Identify opportunities to improve infrastructure efficiencies through tooling, process change and automation.
• Work with many different internal Software Development teams to drive improvement of the systems/services within the team's scope.
• Work collaboratively and independently to investigate and document issues and create solutions to solve them at scale.
• Help the team understand how a modern, cloud-hosted application stack works from top to bottom.
• Monitoring infrastructure performance.
• Configuring and implementing ELK Stack.
• Strong scripting / Programming Skills (Bash/Python)
• Previous experience as a Linux system administrator; building & supporting enterprise computing platforms and systems
• Solid understanding of Cloud / Virtual Compute platforms and their supporting infrastructure.
• Solid understanding of High Availability strategies, preferably with Cloud in mind.
• Good communicator who is willing to share and teach amongst peers
Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz5m7n-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.