Sr Analyst, Sales Planning Global Deals
The LA based sales team supports negotiations for key global deals and new media customers e.g. Netflix, Amazon, Sony Core etc and collaborates closely with the regional sales teams in EMEA, APAC & LATAM to obtain availability, rights and pricing information. The Distribution business is one of the divisions of Sony Pictures based in Culver City and is responsible for licensing features, series, and formats to linear and digital platforms worldwide.
This role requires a deep understanding of rights management and the media landscape. The resource must have strong analytical skills and the ability to comprehend complex, multi-territory deals. The role requires an individual with strong critical thinking skills, an extreme attention to detail and highly organized. Prior Studio distribution experience and advanced excel modelling skills is preferred.
This is a key role for the LA/Global sales team and supports an extremely demanding and challenging area of the business. As this individual develops a strong understanding of SPE's clients, products and systems, he/she will be accountable for supporting Sales in the negotiations by being accountable for accurately determining/validating the availability of product worldwide, establishing best practices on management of the global deals and handling the processes related to the ongoing management of key global deals. The role provides an opportunity to be involved in a critical and growing part of the distribution business and an opportunity to learn about the complexities and nuances of licensing to and managing global/client and deals.
• Enter deals into the contract management systems.
• Understand the deal terms, customer billing requirements, corporate reporting requirements and contribute to determining the optimal approach for entering/setting up each global deal in the system.
• Work closely with in-territory Sales Planners to align strategy across business divisions; provide required inputs and manage timelines according to needs of the Sales team.
• Thoughtfulness and attention to detail required to anticipate downstream impact.
• Continually refine and improve processes to increase efficiency and accuracy of data in our systems.
• Assist in calculating and allocating fees for key global deals. Ensure compliance with accounting rules and obtain back-up materials for approval/audit requests.
• Compile all customer statements to calculate fee allocations and overages, when applicable.
• Process orders for revenue recognition in compliance with GAAP and SOX requirements.
• Coordinate with key global players.
• Prepare and send client notifications.
• Provide excellent customer service, including timely response to inquiries.
• Collaborate and communicate across varying functional teams.
• Liaise frequently with the fulfilment teams to ensure we can plan and provide assets on time for new and existing deals.
• Generate availability reports to identify series or features available for sale. Finding availability by media, window, and territory/language.
• Think critically of avail criteria that will align with customer expectations/requirements.
• Use media licensing knowledge to interpret local licenses and determine impact on avails (and reaching out to local planning teams if required). Able to present detailed information in a clear and concise format for the end customer.
New Deal Support
• Contribute to sales conversations around new opportunities, ensuring best practices are preserved and future deals comply with all requirements.
• Reviewing term sheets and contract drafts and providing relevant feedback on deal management and revenue recognition.
• Using deal expertise to suggest better ways to improve deal efficiency and maximize revenue.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor's degree required.
• 2+ years' experience in TV distribution sales planning preferred.
• Excellent computer skills, in particular Excel (pivot tables, formulas) and comfortable learning new systems.
• Proficiency and experience analyzing and summarizing large data sets (leveraging databases, new applications).
• Obsessed with understanding how things work and innovating solutions.
• Able to determine the key objective of any task and customize output to answer the most critical business needs.
• Always refining and improving processes.
• Able to provide information in a useable form and on a timely basis to others who need to act on it.
• Comfortable working in a fast pace, changing environment.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $65,000 to $85,000. This role may also qualify for annual incentive and/or comprehensive benefits. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location of the position.
USA - Culver City - Akio Morita Building
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy23ok-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.