Senior Analyst, Sales Operations & Deal Management
This position reports to the Vice President of Sales Operations and Deal Management to support Pay, SVOD, Basic Cable and AVOD activities, coordinating interdepartmental information and projects. The Sales Operations and Deal Management department is responsible for all deal management functions (e.g., managing rights, licensing terms, exclusivity, financial terms, execution and approval of license agreements, etc.) for Basic Cable, AVOD, Network, Pay, SVOD and Syndication within Sony Pictures Television (US). They will act as a hub of information for divisions within Sony Pictures Television and Sony Pictures Entertainment and assist in workflows between Sales Operations & Deal Management and other departments including Sales Planning, Business Affairs, CMDG, Global Planning Home Office and Finance.
• Entry and managing rights/license terms and exclusivity: Expeditious and accurate entry of US Domestic Distribution deals into the rights management and financial systems. Relaying complicated rights and financial information to Sales, Business Affairs and Finance in a concise and accurate manner.
• Paperwork Approval: Reading through legal documents to make sure that all rights, windows and payment terms are correctly captured in the system and that any territory/media limitations and non-exclusivities are included before the paperwork goes out to the client.
• Financial Entry/SOX Audit Compliance: Interpret complex contractual payment terms and revenue avails. Includes entering deals into the financial system that has companywide impact and performing internal crosschecks to verify that each contract meets SOX compliancy and is 100% accurate.
• Managing Revenue Share Deals: Responsible for normalizing large amounts of data and the entry of that data into our financial system as well as tracking actual revenue share amounts towards the budget.
• Tracking and Reporting on Output Deals: Assist the Senior Manager in the tracking, notifying, and reporting for all titles that qualify for our Output deals.
• Miscellaneous Projects and Deal Maintenance: Ad-hoc reporting based on the needs of the various departments that we interact with and support. Uploading all deal related correspondence and documents into the rights management system.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• 1-2 years experience with Deal Management or Contract Experience at another studio or similar field.
• Written and verbal communication
• Organization, multitasking, attention to detail and accuracy
• Problem solving, research and follow through
• Operating effectively in a cross functional team environment
• Handling competing priorities and deadlines
• Working both independently and as part of a team
• Conveying a sense of urgency to self and others and drive issues to closure
• Ownership of role and responsibilities and own career
• Be accountable for mistakes and prevent them from happening again
• Respecting established operational responsibilities and processes – and if it doesn't work, help to make it work
• Ensuring established quality control procedures are effective and being followed
• Ability to build trust and a strong relationship with all stakeholders, especially Sales and Finance
• Open to learning complex systems in an ever-changing environment
• *Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics
USA - Culver City - Akio Morita Building
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw8qon-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.