Senior Analyst, Participations Reporting
Role and Responsibilities
The Senior Participations Analyst is responsible for preparing, processing, and issuing statements to third party participants, with a focus on abstracting complex agreements and creating associated first-time statements in the Participations Reporting system (PAWS). Duties included, but are not limited to, the following:
• Abstracting agreements, setting up first-time statements in PAWS, analyzing inputs such as production cost and third-party reporting, and calculating interest.
• Working with Legal and Business Affairs to resolve contractual issues, obtain appropriate sign-offs before statement issuance, and communicating potential roadblocks.
• Reviewing recurring statements for accuracy before issuance.
• Training junior staff to use PAWs, abstract basic deals, and statement set up.
• Analysis and system research, administrative tasks such as preparing payment requests and issuing statements.
• Converting legacy statements to PAWS as needed.
• Qualifications and Education Requirements
• BA / BS preferred. Accounting / Finance / Legal a plus.
• 1 – 3 years of Participations and statement analysis experience.
• Understanding of accounting principles and general ledgers;
• Proficient skills in Microsoft Office applications, with strong Excel skills
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
• Contract reading, analysis, and data modeling based on contractual terms.
• Ability to work independently, organize work efficiently, identify and meet deadlines;
• Comfort with multitasking and managing multiple projects;
• Strong logical and analytical skills;
• Ability working remotely via Teams, or in person as job duties require.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rop2ep-35-172-111-71-42 in your application.