Research Coordinator, Materials Research and Planning (SPT)
Sony Pictures Entertainment's Distribution Content Services group is responsible for post-receipt, Mastering, Localization and Fulfilment of all Distribution, including Theatrical for the studio within Sony Pictures Television (SPT). As part of these responsibilities, DCS researches, enhances and delivers >70,000 Catalog orders per year for the Distribution and Home Entertainment business. The Materials Research & Planning group is responsible for effectuating, enhancing this work, as well as efficient demand planning for Current TV and Features.
The Research Coordinator, MRaP is a key piece of this, focusing on providing Catalog research support. The Research Coordinator identifies, tracks and delivers feature and TV components for the purpose of maximizing SPE's potential to deliver catalog content across multiple territories and partners worldwide.
Provide catalog research and fulfilment support to DCS' Asset Restoration and Preservation team.
• Locate and identify availability of requested assets
• Service orders to create, transfer and deliver components to vendors and ensure that all newly created components are archived to DCS asset repositories and/or ingested in Digital Backbone
• Provide timely fulfilment status updates and ETAs to requestors
• Continuous QC and validation of asset metadata within various DCS inventory systems (Gold/Prism Hub) to optimize the accuracy of DCS' archival data
3rd Party Sublicensing Fulfilment
• Serve as key point of contact for providing approved asset barcodes (via GOLD) to confirm materials availability for SPHE Territory and Sales managers for order fulfilment
• Maintain project timelines and communicate delivery ETAs to stakeholders
• Research and confirm component availability (video, audio, subtitles, creative content, etc.) to relevant stakeholders
• Provide cost estimates and create POs for encoding, conforming and the creation of new components
Project Milestone Tracking Support for Restoration HDR TV and HDR/HD/SD Catalog
• Partner with DCS Client Services teams and Asset Restoration & Preservation team to ensure visibility to relevant stakeholders regarding the status and availability of requested video materials.
Education, Years of Experience, Specialized Knowledge or Skills Required:
• BA degree preferred
• 3-4 years experience in Physical and Digital Supply Chain Fulfilment, Localization, Database/ Records Management and Archiving and Project Coordination & Tracking
Specialized Knowledge or Skills Required
• Clear written and oral communication
• Can present ideas clearly in a group setting
• Ability to communicate technical details to ''non-technical'' stakeholders
• Knowledge of video formats, subtitling, audio, and all core digital and physical core audio visual technology
• Expertise in using MS Excel for complex data management analysis and reporting.
• Understanding of large-data management tools and services
• Skilled at management large amounts of data and complex information
• Ability to learn new technical concepts and utilize multiple systems
• Good organizational skills and ability to multi-task
• Team-oriented with the ability to successfully partner with DSC/studio colleagues
• Positive attitude with a desire to learn and take on new challenges
• Suggests process improvement initiatives and shares ideas with team.
• Work ethic
• Can handle a high volume of servicing demands
• Can prioritize under challenging deadlines
• Dedication and focus.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, SPE requires all US non-union applicants and employees to submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or to request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accomodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d98vnm-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.