Manager, Television Distribution, Commercial Strategy Asia
Sony Pictures Entertainment is one of the industry's leading content providers in producing, distributing and delivering programming worldwide in every genre and for every platform. http://www.sonypictures.com
Reporting to the Director, Commercial Strategy, Asia who based in Singapore, this role will provide support in developing Commercial Strategy for the Sony Pictures Television group across the entire Asia region (India, South East Asia, China, Korea, and Japan).
This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated candidate to work in a fast-growing part of the media industry, interact with executives and contribute to Sony Picture Entertainment's strategy and growth. Depending on your location, we are open to this role being based in either our Singapore, Hong Kong or Korea offices.
• Formulate proposals and term sheets, build financial models, and perform industry research to evaluate and support various negotiations and commercial strategies associated with TV and Feature Film Content licensing deals with new and existing clients in Asia.
• Propose commercial and product windowing structures, based on research and analysis, for Content Distribution deals based on modelling, data, and trend analysis.
• Understand trends in technology, digital media, content protection, and consumer viewing habits, and keep track of industry developments and their impact on Sony Pictures Entertainment in Asia, commercial strategy development, and general business opportunities and challenges.
• Work closely with local sales offices across Asia, Home Office in LA, Global teams in Europe and Latin America, Finance, Legal, Marketing, and Product Fulfillment teams to manage commercial discussions, contracting long forms, and best practices across the APAC region.
• Assist in the implementation and execution of internal processes and guidelines for all aspects relating to deals, including deal review and approvals, best practices, and process efficiencies.
• Degree holder in Finance, Accounting, Business Management and/or Administration, Actuarial Science, Management information systems, Economics, Engineering, or related disciplines
• Typically a minimum 4-5 years of work experience in Business Analytics, Commercial Strategy Planning, Business Advisory, Investment Banking, and/or Consulting is preferred.
• Knowledge of the Media Entertainment Industry and the media landscape in Asia is preferred.
• Fluency in English is required; ability to speak Mandarin, Korean, and / or Japanese a plus.
• Exceptional analytical and financial analysis skills, attention to detail and strong work ethic.
• Strong passionate drive to lead and achieve results.
• Strong strategic and analytical mind-set and focus with the ability to work in teams and under pressure and tight deadlines.
• Exceptional team player. Must be able to collaborate with teams across various cultures.
• Good oral and written communication skills, with the ability and confidence to communicate effectively to senior management.
• Excellent computer skills: Excel (Pivot Tables, Macros, etc), Word, and PowerPoint.
• A passion for the Television, Film, and Entertainment industry is a plus.
• Must have immigration permission to live and work in one or more of the following locations: Singapore, Hong Kong, Korea.
Interested candidates are invited to apply with a detailed CV, current and expected salary, and notice period.
Applications will be treated in strict confidence and information will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to any characteristic which is protected by applicable law, for example including their race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
SGP - Robinson - SPRI
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r75038-3-235-60-197-42 in your application.