Key Account Manager, Digital
Sony Pictures Television (SPT) Canada operates two complementary lines of business: 1) Distribution of SPE's feature films and television programming to television outlets around the world, 2) Home Entertainment distribution of television and theatrical releases.
The Canadian market is a top 5 territory for SPHE. In a rapidly changing marketplace SPHE is evolving and changing the focus of our organization around Consumer Understanding and Insight to enable us to 'Connect Canadians to a world of Entertainment Experiences' and 'expand our presence and conversion'.
The Key Account Manager, Digital is a core role for the SPHE Canada team. He/she reports to the Head of Sales, Digital. He/she manages national New Media (e.g. iTunes, Google Play, Playstation, Microsoft, Cineplex Store) and Residential VOD (e.g. Bell, Rogers, Shaw, Telus, Videotron) accounts, and is central to the success of SPHE's key objectives of growing ownership and rental of SPE's major motion pictures and television product.
This role includes aspects of sales, strategic planning, and marketing, and the Key Account Manager must demonstrate well-balanced skills in communication, strategy, analytics, as well as strong interpersonal skills that foster strong customer relationships and efficient internal coordination. This includes owning the P&L, account strategy, and planning process, pursuing an insight-driven approach to engaging and challenging our partners to ensure we are putting the end consumer at the core of our agreed initiatives. He/she will be very data savvy demonstrating the ability to identify consumer trends and create account specific-plans based on key consumer insights and customer sales data.
Business Planning & Development
• Work with Head of Sales, Digital and accounts on building/implementing rolling fiscal year business plans, planning new release activations, and developing special initiatives to meet/exceed sales targets
• Regularly monitor performance, update forecasts, and recommend action as appropriate to improve sales, margin, and share of customer business
• Through interaction with accounts, study and understand respective account strategies, needs, and opportunities, and incorporate those into internal plans
• Monitor and track market and competitive activity/developments, building in-depth knowledge of the digital media space and refining SPHE's strategy accordingly
• Develop and implement new business models and/or retail solutions to increase the number of consumer touch points
Digital Account Management
• Manage the overall day-to-day relationship and regular meetings with clients to maximize SPHE's digital sales within each account
• Negotiate best possible placement/merchandising of key new releases and promotions on customer platforms
• Track and confirm customer execution, title placement, and sales performance
• Effectively negotiate and close customer agreements (short- and long-term trading terms), ensuring profitability targets are maintained.
• Oversee digital catalog pricing/promotional strategy for each account
• Review and submit for each account's promotional calendar, ensuring activities are well-executed
• Monitor and update steady-state pricing to optimize revenue
• Review post-mortems to gain insights to understand areas of over/under-performance and improve on-going strategy
• As appropriate, build and conduct regular product presentations and business reviews with key accounts
• Be the internal point of contact for all customer related queries; coordinate with Operations, Finance, Marketing, and Sales Planning teams to deliver excellent overall customer service
• Work closely with the Marketing teams to ensure approvals/support for specific customer-focused marketing activities, and define and allocate media spend while monitor spend vs. account performance
• Ensure operational efficiency with support teams internally and externally, ensuring delivery and pricing are correctly executed
• Regularly collaborate with the SPHE Canada sales team to ensure applicable digital insights shared with the physical business and vice-versa
• Maintain regular contact with LA head office as well as other territory account managers to apply relevant international best practices to the Canadian market
• Maintain regular contact with Sony Pictures Television to define market strategies, confirm rights, and keep all divisions aware of relevant activities in the market
• Develop a full understanding of, and align with, Sony governance and standard working practices, strategies & objectives
• Demonstrate and promote SPHE values
• BA/MA required
• Minimum three years account management experience.
• Typically 3-5 years in sales.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• 3-5 years working in entertainment, digital media, consumer goods, strategic planning or management consulting
• Experience in customer facing situations or retail environment
• Demonstrable knowledge and interest in the digital media landscape and technology
• Passion for film and television content
• Familiarity with entertainment business models
• Understanding of general marketing strategy required
• Demonstrable examples of successful sales experience and contract negotiation.Examples of successful business development desirable.
• Knowledge in finance and economics a plus
• Excellent communication skills, including presentation development and delivery
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of management
• Comfortable and adept in negotiations
• Demonstrable analytical and mathematical skills
• Ability to think strategically at a high-level, and drill down into tactics
• Highly proficient with MS Excel; familiarity with Tableau a plus
• A high standard in influencing and interpersonal skills to build and develop strong client relationships.
• Excellent teamwork and cross-functional skills
• Able to effectively influence process improvement, analysis, and innovation
- Work ethic:
• Effective project management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and to prioritize successfully
• Self-motivated and dedicated to performing above expectations
• Strong capability for planning & analysis allied to the vision to consider wider business, category and market issues.
• Be comfortable with ambiguity in a dynamic, changing, commercial environment
• Demonstrate true learning agility
• Build effective teams, understanding the importance of team culture & values.
• Act collaboratively at all times and build successful partner relationships.
CAN - Toronto - Yonge Street - SPT, USA - Culver City - Akio Morita Building
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2n056-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.