Sony Pictures Imageworks is seeking an Artist Manager for our Vancouver studio. This role reports into the Vice President of Artist Management.
Key responsibilities include:
• Manage, coach and mentor Artists
• Work with Production and Recruitment to schedule existing and new hires into appropriate roles and establish longer term recruitment needs
• Managing artist reviews, artist training and project scheduling to help develop and nurture career growth of the artists
• Coordinate project performance reviews in collaboration with Supervisors and Leads
• Coordinate project/yearly rate increases and when applicable, promotions
• Work with Sr Staff and HR on talent management strategies and processes
• Conduct department meetings per discipline
• Represent artists at in regard to productions and talent development
• Delegate tasks and mentor Associate Artist Managers
• Flexible taking on new tasks in this ever-changing environment
To be successful in this role, the following is required of all candidates:
• At least five years' experience working in the Animation and Visual Effects industry
• At least 2 years' experience as an artist manager
• Experience in a large global studio
• Experience in recruitment, hiring and crewing artists
• Extensive experience in managing, coaching, developing and mentoring a large number (100+) of direct reports
• Knowledge and experience in managing, employee contract renewals, compensation review process, salary negotiations, promotions and resource planning.
• Experience in working closely with executive teams and HR teams
• Experience in developing talent management strategies and process improvements.
• Well-developed inter-personal communication and listening skills to engage in dialogue effectively across numerous departments, levels, and personalities
• Experience in dealing with group dynamics and conflict resolution
If interested, please apply with resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb7e4k-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.