Executive Director Labor Relations
The Executive Director Labor Relations role responsibilities include participation in industry-wide collective bargaining negotiations with entertainment industry Unions and Guilds, contract interpretation, advice and administration and grievance handling.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Collective Bargaining Negotiations: Participate in industry-wide collective bargaining negotiations with entertainment industry Unions and Guilds. Represent company interests in multi-employer negotiations. Handle collective bargaining negotiations with unions and Guilds for individual agreements. Draft bargaining agreements and proposals.
• Interpretation and Advice: Advise productions and other company clients on interpretation of collective bargaining agreements, employee contracts and documents associated with production. Must be knowledgeable in all aspects of labor law, including NLRA, and must have generalist knowledge of non-labor law employment matters.
• Grievances/ Arbitrations/NLRB matters: Investigate claims and advise on handling and resolution of disputes with guilds and unions. Handle grievances meetings and proceeding and handle and/or manage outside counsel representation in arbitration proceedings and litigation. Handle job action issues, strike preparedness, establishment of reserve gates, NLRB claims etc.
• Industry matters: Attend and represent the company's interest at industry and internal meetings.
• 5 years of experience out of law school
• Member of California State Bar
• Experience at a studio in labor relations department, entertainment industry guild or union, in industry negotiations and/or in a legal department/contract negotiations required.
• Must be knowledgeable in at least one entertainment industry collective bargaining agreement (i.e., WGA Agreement, DGA Agreement, SAG-AFTRA Agreement, IATSE Agreement).
• Commitment to learning the substance of the entertainment industry and company level agreements as well as industry and company practices.
• Ability to issue spot and escalate appropriately to senior labor relations team
• Ability to distill complex subject matters into concise and thoughtful written summaries
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong negotiating skills
• Experience in preparing spreadsheets and utilizing algorithms a plus
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re84z0-3-236-222-124-42 in your application.