Development & Production Assistant, Curio Pictures
Curio Pictures is a Sony Pictures Entertainment TV and film production company based in Sydney, creating distinct storytelling that entertains and moves global audiences: https://www.curiopictures.com.au/
Curio currently have an exciting entry-level opportunity for the role of Development and Production Assistant to join them on a 12 month fixed term contract. Being part of a small, dynamic creative team, this role would suit a self-starter who has a long-term goal of establishing themselves in the screen business.
Your Key Responsibilities will include:
• Provide administrative support across the development and production departments, including but not limited to answering phones, scheduling meetings, catering, filing, data management
• Maintain logging systems including but not limited to talent lists, talent tracking, industry trends, submissions, outgoing material
• Assist wherever needed in the execution of project development at any stage of the process
• Provide research support for idea generation, including but not limited to publishing, podcasts, theatre
• Read submissions and write coverage, as required
• Manage calendar and call scheduling
• Sit in on internal and external meetings and calls and note take
• Coordinate IT requests
• Provide back of house support, including keeping the kitchen stocked and tidy
• Tertiary degree or proven relevant skillset
• Proficient computer skills with experience in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Positive can-do attitude who enjoys working with people
• A strong desire for a career in the screen sector
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions
• An innate curiosity
• A love of reading
• Organised and detail oriented with follow through skills
• Ability to work as a productive team member
• Ability to multi-task and to prioritise key tasks
• Ability to embrace more mundane tasks to completion
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently without constant supervision
If the above sounds like you and you are looking for your first opportunity to enter the screen business and gain some experience over a 12 month period – we would love to hear from you!! Please submit both your CV and Cover Letter stating why you would be the best person for this role!
We are committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce and to equal opportunities for all. We welcome and strongly encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
Please note that this role is based in Sydney, Australia. To be considered you must have the appropriate immigration permission to work and reside in Australia.
AUS - Sydney - Curio Pictures
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv5ep7-44-200-74-241-42 in your application.