Coordinator, Sales Planning & Operations - CEE
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom
Sony Pictures Entertainment is one of the industry's leading content providers, producing and distributing worldwide in every genre and for every platform. In addition to managing one of the industry's largest libraries of award-winning feature films, television shows and formats, SPE is home to a thriving global content business, operating a robust portfolio of wholly owned and joint-venture production companies across the US, Europe, Latin America, and Asia Pacific, as well as linear and digital channels around the world.
The TV Distribution Sales Planning team is responsible for setting and delivering our product distribution strategy, supporting negotiations and delivering the end-to-end sales process. This includes franchise planning, managing product availabilities and rights, negotiation and pricing support, contract review and execution, and budget and forecasting.
Our London office has a new opportunity for a Co-ordinator to join their Sales Planning and Operations team in TV Distribution, supporting the CEE region. The role in Sales Planning & Operations covers four key areas: Deal Management & Administration, Sales Analysis, Forecasting & Planning and Title Inventory Management.
This position will mainly be supporting the Sales team based in the Budapest office and will need to ensure regular communications and provide expertise on the clients, deals, sales history, current forecasts.
The candidate will ideally have a background in TV Distribution or have worked previously in a media role with some existing knowledge of the broadcast landscape and platforms. The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail, as well as the ability to learn new systems and processes quickly.
The job's most important functions and responsibilities include:
Deal Management & Administration
• Set up and maintain deals in Sales & Rights Management systems (RPM); create Finance Release Packages in (S2F - Sales to Finance) and Materials Orders as required for deal management.
• Manage contractual obligations and ensure all deadlines are met as detailed in the contracts
• Draft simple contract drafts and amendments using standard templates, working with Legal team when necessary
• Assist in deal execution working closely with Sales and Legal on contract drafting, documentation and execution.
• Track the workflow of contract, amendment, notification processes for every deal, client schedules, availability lists and ad hoc reports
• Ensure all Sales Planning Procedures are upheld by seeking appropriate reviews, S2F approvals and sign offs at all times
• Client Support: Liaise with clients on queries relating to deals e.g. billing discrepancies, servicing issues, US Network scheduling changes.
• Client Support: Develop an excellent working relationship with clients and attend external meetings as required to support Sales process
• Client Support. Develop an excellent working relationship with clients, provide sales support and attend external meetings as required. Liaise with clients on queries relating to deals e.g. billing discrepancies, servicing issues, US Network scheduling changes.
• Internal Relationships:
• Finance - to ensure customer checks are carried out, resolving invoicing/payment issues, and responding to audit queries
• CMDG (Materials Fulfilment team) to ensure assets are delivered on time
• Ensure all Sales Planning Procedures are upheld by seeking appropriate reviews, and Approvals
• Actively support system UAT and engage in the process of system development and enhancements
• Run and analyse sales histories to provide Sales with relevant benchmarking data
• Support negotiations of new deals and renegotiations with proposal analysis, working closely with the Sales team, Sales Planning Manager and the Central Analysis team
Forecasting & Planning
• Maintain/update the annual and MRP (Mid Range Plan) forecasts in RPM; process changes in a timely manner and keep Sales Planning Manager and Sales Teams informed of updates regularly
• Provide variance analysis on product, deals and/or market assumptions to support Sales in preparing the forecast
• Create summaries and commentary to Sales & Finance within prescribed deadlines
• Attend and contribute to regular forecast review meetings with Sales, Planning and Finance teams
Title Inventory Management
• Create and analyse reports for available products and identify appropriate titles that meet client and sales criteria
• Maximise sales opportunities for all product, especially Franchise and evergreen titles
• Utilise and engage in the development of new software tools e.g. Tableau
Required Experience & Skills
Qualifications and Experience
• Educated to minimum undergraduate degree level preferable
• Ideally 2 years' experience in TV Distribution or a similar environment (Media) and ideally experienced on the CEE region
• Strong IT skills, in particular Excel (Pivot Tables & Formulae), PowerPoint and comfortable in learning new systems
• Fluency in English is essential
• Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail
• Problem Solving & Decision making – demonstrates an ability to address root causes of problems, identify alternatives and propose solutions.
• Able to use complex information to provide summaries with clear and meaningful insights
• Managing priorities and competing deadlines during busy periods
• Proactive and adaptable – anticipate needs in different situations and takes appropriate action with guidance and on own initiative
• Excellent communication skills
• Team player who is willing and able to assist colleagues
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to his or her race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn9ww1-18-205-176-39-42 in your application.