Coordinator, Rights Document- TV Business Affairs
Sony Pictures Entertainment is a leading creator and distributor of entertainment products, services, and technology. Our global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution, television production, programming and syndication, home video acquisitions and distribution, operation of studio facilities, development of new entertainment technologies and distribution of filmed entertainment in over 70 countries.
SPE is looking for a Rights Document Coordinator to support the TV Business Affairs group based in Culver City. This position will report to Vice President, Business Affairs and will act as the primary touch point for rights related documents (including, for example, contracts and deal memos) flowing from TV Business Affairs and/or TV Legal Affairs to SPE's central rights management team.
• Administer and track business affairs/legal documentation that will be shared with other groups within SPE including TV Legal Affairs, Business Affairs Admin, and SPE's central rights management team
• Convert historic paper agreements and documents to digital as needed and file in repository accordingly
• Ensure that all rights acquisition agreements, deal memos, talent agreements, license agreements and other business correspondence are filed within the appropriate repository and tagged with sufficient and accurate metadata in accordance with the approved process to enable timely access by SPE's central rights management team
• Create quick document summaries within the repository to enable more efficient review
• Facilitate answers to deal/agreement-related questions that may come in from SPE's central rights management team or other groups
• Attend Business Affairs staff meetings to identify new projects/deals that will need to be included into repository
• Follow up proactively on active deals to determine if new documents or versions are available, and input any changes to deal status in the repository Work collaboratively with TV Legal Affairs and rights management teams to continue to refine processes and address any issues that may arise within the information and document flow.
• Other related administrative tasks as-needed
• Familiarity with rights, development, production, talent, and distribution deal documentation
• Administrative office or contract library experience related to retention of documents and managing a digital document library/structure repository in accordance with set policies and procedures
• Strong experience in SharePoint and other rights/document management systems
• Ability to proactively execute document management, filing, and sharing procedures
• Identify problems and act resourcefully to resolve them independently
• Be exceedingly well organized with strong attention to detail and great follow-through
• Highly developed interpersonal skills to work effectively across the organization at all levels
• Ability to use discretion in handling sensitive/confidential information
• Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment with all levels of professional, technical and administrative staff
• Position based in Culver City, Los Angeles
• 1-3+ years of relevant contracts administrator or legal librarian experience
• Ability to synthesize transaction information in order to summarize, input and track all pertinent information into the appropriate document repository
• Background in working in or with multimedia international corporations
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkp9k0-18-207-157-152-42 in your application.