Coordinator/Analyst, Sales Planning & Operations, TV Distribution
Our London office has a new opportunity for a Coordinator to join their Sales Planning and Operations team in TV Distribution, supporting the Africa region. The position will support the Sales team based in the London office, working closely with the VP, Sales and Senior Sales Exec.
In this position you will work across all Linear Media and SVOD and will cover three key areas: Deal Management & Administration, Forecasting & Planning and Title Inventory Management.
The candidate will ideally have a background in TV Distribution or have worked previously in a media role with some existing knowledge of the broadcast landscape. The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail, as well as the ability to learn new systems and processes quickly.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Deal Management & Administration
• Set up and maintain deals in Sales & Rights Management systems (RPM); create Finance Release Packages in (S2F - Sales to Finance) and Materials Orders as required for deal management.
• Manage contractual obligations and ensure all deadlines are met as detailed in the contracts
• Track the workflow of contracts/amendments and notification every deal. Ensure appropriate filing of final documents.
• Draft simple contract drafts and amendments using standard templates, working with Legal team when necessary
• Ensure all Sales Planning Procedures are upheld by seeking appropriate reviews, and Approvals
• Assist in deal execution working closely with Sales and Legal on contract drafting, documentation and execution.
• Client Support
• Develop an excellent working relationship with clients and attend external meetings as required. Engage with customers and provide sales support.
• Liaise with clients on queries relating to deals e.g. billing discrepancies, servicing issues, US Network scheduling changes.
• Internal Relationships:
• Finance - to ensure customer checks are carried out, resolving invoicing/payment issue, and responding to audit queries
• CMDG (Materials Fulfilment team) to ensure we can plan and provide assets on time for new and existing deals.
• Global Deals Management team - to ensure global deals and avails are accurate
• Actively support system UAT and engage in the process of system development and enhancements
Forecasting & Planning
• Maintain/update annual and MRP (Mid Range Plan) forecasts in RPM; process changes in a timely manner and keep Sales Planning Manager and Sales Teams informed of updates regularly
• Provide variance analysis on product, deals and/or market assumptions to support Sales in preparing the forecast, working in conjunction with Sales team
• Create and provide summaries and commentary to Sales & Finance within prescribed deadlines
• Attend and contribute to regular forecast review meetings with Sales, Planning and Finance teams
• Support negotiations of new deals and renegotiations with analysis, working in conjunction with Sales Planning Manager, Sales and Central Analysis teams
• Maximise revenue for active deals through proactive tracking of title performance, product windowing, slot utilisation and runs tracking
Title Inventory Management
• Analyse reports for available products and identify appropriate titles that meet client and sales criteria, in order to maintain an accurate record of product to maximise the sales potential
• Window Management - Maximise window opportunities for all product
• Establish Window Strategy for Franchise titles for local and Global Deals
• Utilise and engage in the development of new software tools e.g. Tableau
Qualifications and Competencies
Qualifications and Experience
• Educated to minimum undergraduate degree level preferable
• Typically 1-2 years' experience in a media environment
• Strong IT skills, in particular Excel (pivot tables, formula), PowerPoint and must be confident learning new systems
• Fluency in English is essential
• Highly numerate with excellent attention to all details – accuracy, presentation and completeness.
• Excellent communication skills: Clear and articulate when speaking with an individual or before a group; confident in voicing their opinion, expressing ideas and influencing within the Sales and Sales Planning group
• Managing priorities and competing deadlines during busy periods
• Able to provide information and reports in appropriate format and on a timely basis to key stakeholders
• Proactive and adaptable – anticipate needs in different situations and takes appropriate action with guidance and on own initiative
• Problem Solving & Decision making – demonstrates an ability to address root causes of problems, identify alternatives and propose solutions.
• Team player who is willing and able to assist colleagues
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to their race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5zm2z-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.