Analyst / Senior Analyst, Sales Planning & Operations
Our London office has a new opportunity for an Analyst or Senior Analyst to join their Sales Planning and Operations team in TV Distribution, supporting the UK and Ireland regions.
In this position you will work across all linear Media and SVOD and will cover three key areas: Deal Management & Administration, Forecasting & Planning and Title Inventory Management.
To be successful in this role you will have a background in TV Distribution with a strong interest in and existing knowledge of the broadcast and streaming landscape in the Region.
You will also possess strong administration and IT skills, excellent communication and team skills, a deep and broad understanding of the studio business models on product, media, market and client knowledge to support the sales process.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Deal Management & Administration
• Set up and maintain deals in Sales & Rights Management systems (RPM & S2F) and create Release Packages and Materials Orders as required for deal management.
• Manage contractual obligations and ensure all deadlines are met as detailed in the contracts
• Track the workflow of contract, amendment and notification processes for every deal. Ensure appropriate filing of final documents.
• Ensure all Sales Planning Procedures are upheld by seeking appropriate reviews, and Approvals
• Assist in deal execution working closely with Sales and Legal on contract drafting, documentation and execution.
• Client Support
• Develop an excellent working relationship with clients and attend external meetings as required. Engage with customers and provide sales support.
• Liaise with clients on queries relating to deals e.g. billing discrepancies, servicing issues, US Network scheduling changes.
• Internal Relationships:
• Finance - to ensure timely payment and reconcile payment issues. Support Home Office with audit queries.
• CDMG (Materials Fulfilment team) to ensure we can plan and provide assets on time for new and existing deals.
• Actively support UAT and engage in the process of system development and enhancements
Forecasting & Planning
• Maintain annual forecast; process changes in a timely manner and keep Director Sales Planning and Sales Teams informed of updates regularly
• Co-ordinate and enter mid-range plan information for relevant territories & media
• Provide analysis on product, deals and/or market assumptions to support Sales in preparing the forecast, working in conjunction with Sales and Research Department
• Create and provide summaries and commentary, to Sales & Finance within prescribed deadlines
• Attend and contribute to regular forecast review meetings with Territory Sales, Planning and Finance
• Support negotiations of new deals and renegotiations with analysis, working in conjunction with Director of Sales Planning, Sales and Central Analysis teams
• Maximise revenue for active deals through proactive tracking of title performance, product windowing, slot utilisation and runs tracking
Title Inventory Management
• Analyse reports for available products and identify appropriate titles that meet client and sales criteria in order to maintain an accurate record of product to maximise the sales potential
• Window Management - Maximise window opportunities for all product
• Establish Window Strategy for Franchise titles in collaboration with the Global Deals Management
• Utilise and engage in the development of new software tools
Qualifications and Experience
• Educated to minimum undergraduate degree level
• Typically 4 years experience in TV Distribution or a similar environment (Media)
• Strong IT skills, including Excel (Pivot Tables & Formulas), PowerPoint and be comfortable learning new systems
• Fluency in English is essential
• Highly numerate with excellent attention to all details – accuracy, presentation and completeness
• Problem Solving & Decision making – demonstrates an ability to address root causes of problems, identify alternatives and propose solutions.
• Excellent communication skills: Clear and articulate when speaking with an individual or before a group; confident in voicing their opinion, expressing ideas and influencing within the Sales and Sales Planning group
• Able to provide information and reports in appropriate format and on a timely basis to key stakeholders
• Proactive, flexible and adaptable – anticipate needs in different situations and takes appropriate action with guidance and on own initiative
• Team player who is willing and able to assist colleagues during busy periods. Demonstrate an effort to reach out, work with and collaborate with resources outside their territory and region
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to their race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re8w60-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.