Executive Assistant, Legal
San Mateo, CA
The Executive Assistant will support the Legal, IP & Business Affairs leaders with key projects and day-to-day administrative support.
The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys proactively managing executives and their calendars and also likes coordinating and co-managing a multitude of stakeholder projects and activities. This position requires someone who is discreet, diplomatic and an excellent communicator, knowing when and how to communicate a message most effectively. The successful candidate has proven experience in leveraging information technology across different platforms and functions and can combine those skills with the interpersonal skills needed to make them and their executives more productive and successful.
We are seeking someone who has significant experience with the tracking and monitoring of legal budgets, including the use of budgeting features available in billing systems such as SimpleLegal or CounselLink, and is comfortable regularly communicating with outside law firms and vendors about the timing of invoice submissions.
These executives' responsibilities include a significant number of global activities that involve working with colleagues in Europe and Asia, so the successful Executive Assistant will have a love of ambassadorship and collaborative teamwork with other members of the legal department, both domestically and abroad. The ideal candidate is a relationship builder and an ambassador for their executives and the Legal Department.
• Professionally represent the executives through initial telephone conversations, email correspondence and contact meetings.
• Handle swiftly and adeptly the complex and ever-changing calendars for three Legal Department
• Schedule travel plans and accommodations for the assigned Legal Department Executives and handle all of the details of expense reporting through the Finance Department's electronic systems.
• Ensure a timely flow of information, obtain signatures and authorizations, answer and screen phone calls and manage correspondence and communication flow.
• Act as administrative liaison between the executives and Sony group companies, vendors, and industry contacts.
• Monitor litigation budget including tracking expenditures and providing reports.
• Knowledge of contract workflow with ability to follow through with the process with minimal direction.
• Provide logistical support for key department team meetings, events, and conferences, working in collaboration with Facilities, IT, and external parties.
• Function as a communications hub for each of the executives' teams.
• Liaise effectively with Executive Assistant counterparts across SIE's business and organization and build strong working relationships with a wide range of company stakeholders at all levels.
• Continually improve processes and procedures to reduce work time and cost without compromising work quality.
• At least 3 years of executive administrative or other, directly relevant work experience.
• A Bachelor's degree from a 4-year university or equivalent work experience
• Power-user proficiency with Outlook calendaring, electronic expense reimbursement systems such as SAP Concur, electronic finance and accounting systems such as SAP.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel (Pivot Tables) and PowerPoint, and Google Drive products.
• Presentations: Ability to create compelling presentations with design sensibility and impact from outlines and/or hand drawn data.
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
• Process-oriented, with attention to detail and the ability to juggle multitasks adeptly.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work independently on difficult projects with minimal supervision.
• Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and use a lot of discretion when needed.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with a friendly, outgoing, and flexible manner.
• An interest in interactive entertainment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxobk1-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.