Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• The creation of game ready AAA vehicles, weapons and gear derived from concept drawings, and reference photos.
• Collaborate with the Art Director and Concept Artists to develop look and feel of assets.
• Create weapons and vehicles that are efficient, built to scale and satisfy budgetary requirements.
• Own the weapon and vehicle creation process, feedback and implementation.
• Manage a number of assets and prioritize tasks.
• Maintain and share extensive knowledge pertaining to weapons, vehicles, gear and equipment.
• Receive feedback and modify work based on direction.
• Provide feedback to improve the tools.
• Follow schedules and meet deadlines.
• Verify art asset performance and appearance in the game engine.
• Properly estimate time to complete work, manages competing priorities and builds in buffers.
• Experience using Adobe Photoshop to create hyper realistic textures for next gen materials in a PBR environment
• Art education such as an Associate Arts degree from accredited art or design school or equivalent level of experience required
• Passion and experience creating photorealistic weapons and vehicles for game console platforms.
• Can demonstrate experience with examples of beautiful game ready assets.
• Candidate must be proactive and work well in a large team environment and have excellent communication skills.
• Understanding of special considerations in modeling for camera POV.
• Candidate must have experience creating efficient and clean models with proper UV layout inside Autodesk Maya.
• 3+ years of experience in AAA games, and/or a shipped title
• Ability to build collaborative relationships and resolve conflicts in a constructive manner.
• Has a high level of attention to detail and professional pride in doing things correctly.
• Is a self-starter and that is focused on supporting the team.
• understands the basic operation of various firearms.
• Z brush or Mud Box, or other 3D painting software experience a plus.
• Radiant experience a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4yow1-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.