As a Tools Engineer you will partner with the content team in providing them with new and improved tools to maximize iteration. Sledgehammer Games believes one of the biggest multipliers to a team's productivity is great tools. You are responsible for delivering tools to improve the iterative content cycle. You will utilize several technologies in the development of our tools including but not limited to C++, C#, WPF, WinForms, and SQL Server. You will work hand-in-hand with the Tools Lead and content creators, to design, iterate, and execute on a variety of tools & pipelines.
Qualified candidates need to be self-starters, able to operate in a highly dynamic environment, and have concise execution. This is a great opportunity for someone who has a solid technical background, a passion for the gaming industry and enjoys working with a powerful engineering team. This position will interact directly with all disciplines of the development team.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Design and development of various asset creation and management tools ranging from exporters, to content creation tools, to asset management tools, to build tools, to frameworks
• Maintenance and support of existing and new and infrastructure as needed
• Work with content creators, designers, and other engineers to gather requirements and ensure tool design specifications are met
• Design and development of user-friendly interfaces for content creators
• 2+ years tools programming experience
• Demonstrated proficiency in and knowledge of C#/C/C++, data structures, performance, and multi-threaded programming techniques
• Knowledge of common data structures and algorithmic solutions
• Client focused
• Thorough knowledge of software design practices including modular architecture, event-driven architecture, and software design patterns
• Ability to quickly understand and work with internal and externally developed code
• University-level degree in Computer Science or related field
• A strong passion for video games of many kinds
• Experience with developing composite applications using the Model View-View Model design pattern
• Experience with various technologies and SDKs such as WPF, Prism, and Rad Controls
• Experience with SQL Server
• Experience with Maya plugin and script development
• Experience with computer game technologies including: Camera systems, AI programming, physics, 3D programming, animation, collision detection
• Demonstrated ability to write clean, readable, portable, reliable, and optimized tools code
• Contributed extensively to the development of tools for at least one shipped console game
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyo0bq-52-90-49-108-42 in your application.