Sledgehammer Games is situated in the San Francisco Bay Area; Melbourne, Australia; Toronto, Canada; and Guildford, UK. Across our four locations, we strive to be the most inclusive and supportive game studio we can be. We are extremely passionate about working together to make incredible AAA games for our players to enjoy and connect with.
We're the studio behind Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare, Call of Duty®: WWII, and Call of Duty®: Vanguard. With world-class audio, design, engineering, and art teams, we've been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry.
The strength of our team makes us not only excellent at what we do, but also how we do it. We firmly believe in supporting our talented employees to be the best they can be. Here at Sledgehammer Games, everyone is a game maker. We think it's important to be constantly evolving, innovating, and taking risks – which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we're looking for talented game developers for our exciting next project.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it's like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
As a Technical Artist you will work as part of our cross-trained tech art team to build, deliver and support art tools, workflows and assets that enable artists and designers to quickly integrate quality content and features into our games. A Technical Artist should have a strong eye for art quality and knowledge of real-time graphics pipelines. They will act as a bridge between art and engineering demonstrating superior communication skills to facilitate problem solving between departments. This candidate will be a technical resource for all phases of production while continually improving our content pipeline. Ideal candidates should be able to apply their ideas, techniques and experience using the latest technologies to create world-class game content. Experience and creativity in the art and science of rigging, animation, automation, and proceduralism are important for this role.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Collaborate across disciplines to improve studio tools and pipelines
• Generate rigged assets, iterating with animators and engineers on fixes, improvements and alterations as the assets are applied to the game
• Proactively identify problems, propose solutions and work fluidly with other team members
• Push the graphical limitations of our engine, maintain frame rate requirements, and deliver content within memory and disk footprint budgets
• Create tools and processes that facilitate content authoring with an emphasis on user experience, quality and productivity
• Understanding of one or more commercially available real-time engines
• Experience in the following domains: game export frameworks, asset pipeline, and workflow design
• Familiarity with Maya, its API, and other industry leading applications
• Experience with art tool deployment strategy
• Ability to trouble shoot problems and support artists in getting their work done
• Excellent communication skills, especially with regards to illustrating technical processes
• Facility with modern scripting languages
• If you are a resourceful, tech savvy person with a willingness to grow, we want to hear from you regardless of your qualifications
• C++, Python, C# experience
• Experience with continuous-delivery graphics pipelines
• Examples of professional work (e.g. art, scripts, tools, simulations, etc.)
• Understanding of coding best practices and efficiency
• Has trained or mentored others
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpbzw0-18-232-179-5-42 in your application.