Associate Environment Artist
Job Title:Senior VFX Artist – Sledgehammer Games
As a Senior VFX Artist you will display a proven record of delivering high-quality VFX art, fierce art skills in composition and timing, an in-depth knowledge of game development and be willing to jump on any problem we throw your way. That could mean anything from working with designers to improve the feel of gameplay, working with environment artists to heighten the games atmosphere or collaborating with engineers to develop VFX tools. A willingness to jump in and learn fast is a vital part of this role.
• Creating stunning visuals effects for the FPS genre using proprietary real time particle systems.
• High standards of artist skill in creating texture assets for effects.
• A critical eye and appreciation of cinematics when placing effects.
• Finding and dealing with technical issues using performance metric tools.
• Creatively solving technical issues as they arise.
• Working with Level Designers, Team Leads and directors to create FX for stunning environments and compelling moments.
• Bachelor of art degree or equivalent industry experience and training.
• At least 5+ years of visual effects development on console hardware (Xbox One, PS4, PC).
• Strong overall artistic ability in visual effects.
• Experience with and a good working knowledge of the limitations and expectations of current/next generation hardware.
• Excellent working knowledge of Maya/Max, Houdini and Photoshop
• Experience with other engines toolsets such as Unreal, Unity and proprietary game engines.
• Experience collaborating with graphic programmers and mentoring other artists.
• Strong background in modeling, animation and/or traditional art.
• Experience with creating high-end rendering of particle effects and fluid dynamics.
• Experience with Substance Painter, FumeFX, Maya Fluids or similar.
• Experience and comfort with one or more scripting/programming languages.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.